Iphone 6 vs 6+ charging time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanJBS, Sep 17, 2014.

1. DanJBS macrumors member

Anyone curios about how long would a full charge take for the 6+ knowing that it has the bigger battery? Is the extra battery worth waiting 1+ hours more per charge ?

The ipad 3 if you remember had awful charging times.

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

My waiting is done whilst sleeping, so it doesn't matter to me.

3. Deguello macrumors 6502

I charge mine while I'm asleep. An extra hour to charge wouldn't impact me in the least.

4. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Finger's crossed for fast charging. I know Samsung can do 50% is half an hour on their new Note 4.

Matters to me at weekenders when you often only have a short time in a rental car or a cafe to charge what you can. I saw one review say the 6+ battery lasted nearly 2 days of usage. I hope that turns out to be true, though I'm skeptical. Would love a 2 day 6+ charge.

5. DanJBS thread starter macrumors member

Did it never happen to you that you had to go out, had 10-20 min to get ready and your battery was like 20%. The iPhone 5 charged quite a bit in 10-20 min, enough to use it till I got back with 3G closed.

Anyway, it's weird that none of the reviews mention this. All they focus on is facts that we've already seen at the official conference.

6. noobinator macrumors 601

If the 6 Plus lasts 48 hours on a charge with heavy use (as reviews are saying) it can take all night to charge for all I care!

7. Deguello macrumors 6502

Not really. If I know I need to go out, I charge the phone ahead of time. If it's spur of the moment, I put the phone on the charger when I get ready and then put the phone on the charger in my car.

If it's something that happens very often, I probably wouldn't let my phone get down to 20% in the first place.

Really, though, the longer battery life in the 6+ means your charge is higher than it would have been on a 6, so it's probably close to a wash even if the 6+ charges more slowly.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

Ha, good luck with that. I'm willing to bet it won't last two days with heavy use. I'd be happy if it lasted a solid day with heavy use. I guess it depends on how you define "heavy use." My usage may be different than the average user.

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I agree with the poster above, i would not expect that type of battery life at all.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

So you don't believe the reviews?