iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus, and bending

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Imory macrumors 6502a

The one difference that honestly creates a substantial difference between the two is the screen size. Which size do you prefer?

OIS is a negligible difference. The higher resolution will deliver a bit more detail (around 70 more ppi if I'm not mistaken). The biggest bonus is the increased battery life, but that's naturally because of its massive size.

Why would it run terrible? The difference performance-wise is hardly there unless we're talking about performance in games. Right now the stuttering/lag happens on both devices thanks iOS 8 being god awful. Take a look at Anandtechs benchmarks and you'll realise that the only thing it might bottleneck in might be 2-3 years ahead in really graphic intensive games, but I even doubt that since developers usually try to find a sweet spot to sell for as many devices as possible.

I'm well aware of the fact that the 6 Plus goes through a downsample, but if Apple really pull their **** together, then their future updates should improve performance for both devices.

Remember that any badly coded software can ruin or slow down state of the art hardware.

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

To be honest I'd be less concerned with iOS 9 than iOS 10. But then, you may be selling your phone and upgrading to something new by then anyway.

3. viorelgn macrumors 6502

viorelgn

Dead wrong in the fact Consumer Reports scientific testing in laboratory conditions did conclude the iPhone Plus beat the iPhone 6 in their tests? Whatever, you will believe what you want regardless of what proof there is on you. Perhaps you are the one who’s dead wrong. But the proof remains, unless refuted. What proof is there that Apple quietly fixed the bend issue, if at all? I have not seen it. The metal reinforcements plates were already in the phone upon first release.

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

My friend bent his iPhone 6 (not 6 plus) somehow while in an otterbox defender! He's rough with his tech and isn't careful with his phone, so as long as the OP takes care of his iPhone (6 or 6 plus) he should be straight..... No pun intended. Lol

5. loveleelatina macrumors member

my 6 plus did bend...never made a thread didnt see the point. But like others at first I thought it would only bend if force was used and that wasnt the case at all. I actually have the reg 6 now and after having it happen to the plus I worry it will happen to the 6 as well...idk

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There is no bendgate. It was just a poor attempt to downplay the iPhone by some haters (maybe sponsored by some competitors).

----------

I wouldn't sit on ANY thin smartphone......

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Performance wise, the 6 is slightly faster than plus.

8. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Of course Apple didn't quietly fix the issue since there wasn't an actual problem to start with. All the consumer reports tests(and all the other tests) have shown is that if you try to bend a phone, it will bend. Also, water is wet and the sky is blue. None of these things should surprise anyone.

Either the phone was bent when you purchased it, or some sort of force was used. The phone didn't bend itself.

9. erickj macrumors regular

iPhone 6 now or wait for update...

I've been really debating on buying the new iPhone 6. I'm on the 5 and it's starting to slow and battery is really bad. But we're only (general assumption) 7 months from a new iPhone update already. Prudent to just suck it up and keep using the iPhone 5 till the next update? Or upgrade now? I suppose it's a little bit of a want/need thing. I could swap the battery for $60 bucks and that would solve one problem.

10. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Are the performance differences negligible or obvious?

Also, these people complaining about the iPhone 6 Plus bending, when they say putting it in their pocket and sitting on it, are they putting it in their BACK pocket then sitting on it???

I thought they meant putting it in their front pocket then sitting down with the phone in that pocket, in which case THAT sounds like an issue, but if it's their back pocket, and they're sitting on it, then what the heck, who does that?

11. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

For some hi-res serious games perhaps (since the 6 Plus is pushing more pixels). For general use, they're statistically identical.

12. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Absolutely negligible, but there are some real picky people here.
    I'm keeping my iPhone in the front pocket most of the times, and it doesn't bend.