iPhone 6 vs. 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Nov 20, 2014.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Anybody here use the 6 and 6 Plus extensively? I'd like to know if there is a noticeable difference between the two regarding battery life and speaker volume/overall performance of speaker.

2. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Had the 6 and the 6 plus. There both great phones. Overall performance for me has been the same. Battery life is much better in the 6 plus. It all depends on which screen size you'll feel comfortable with.

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

It really is based on your preference for screen size - what are you comfortable holding and carrying all day. Battery life is better on the 6+.

BTW - when I got my 6, I thought he 6+ was too big. Now that I have had the 6 for a while, I dont find the 6+ as big as I once thought it was. Not saying I would get the 6+ but the screen is gorgeous on the 6+!

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

The speaker sucks on both.

The battery life of the 6 Plus really is great though. My usage at the moment is:

Usage: 9 hours 37 minutes.
    Standby 1 Day, 10 Hours

25% left.

5. easyfame macrumors member

I had the 6 for about 2 months. The main reason why I didn't go for the plus is because I thought it was too big. But I actually feel the regular six is too big. I could still use it one handed but it was nothing like the 5 or 5s was. I ended up selling it and getting the six plus. Weird logic but if I have to use both two handed then I'd rather do that with the bigger phone

6. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Why do you think the speaker sucks on both?

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Not weird, that's exactly why I went from the 6 to the 6+. The 6 is small enough to try and use one hand (old habits die hard) but it's too big to reach all the screen so I one handed tried to move it around in my hand or simply stretch to reach. An uncomfortable experience. The 6+ is big enough where I don't try to reach the opposite corners with my thumb so it's a comfortable two handed device, but the thumb on the holding hand can still reach enough of the screen to be useful (scrolling vertically and horizontally) and some middle bits.

Also for me, the 6 isn't as comfortable in one hand because of where it hits my finger joints. But the 6+ fits very comfortably. Obviously YMMV.

I thought I was the only one who made the switch for these reasons. :)

Edit: Using the 6 two handed felt silly because it didn't feel that much larger than the 5.

8. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I find the 6 to be just a touch too big for one handed use. I have average sized male hands. I tried to reach the left upper corner last time I was at the Apple store and the phone fell out of my hand.

The 6 Plus is of course mostly a 2 handed device.

9. fjd726 macrumors regular

Tried the plus but it was way too top heavy and unweildy. After a few weeks, it became too much of a hassle as far as portability was concerned. Everything had to be done with two hands. Grabbed a 6 and it's much better for my use.

10. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Battery life is astounding on 6+. Where I was down to about 20% at the end of my workday with my 5S, I'm at anywhere between 65-90% on the Plus.

Speaker isn't much louder on the Plus, but it is definitely more clear. Far less distortion at louder volumes.

11. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Regarding the speaker, do you mean compared to your 5S?

12. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

They're not very loud, particularly in comparison to some of the competition, but it's about positioning mostly. Try to watch anything in an environment that's not completely quiet and you end up "cupping" the speaker so you can hear things properly.

13. loveleelatina macrumors member

Originally wanted the 6 plus but once I saw it in person went with the 6 I didnt find the plus that big but yes it was bigger than what I was use to. Was coming from a galaxy 5. Had the 6 for almost 2 weeks but kept thinking I should have gotten the plus so switched it and am so glad I did...I love this phone. my battery is at 100% standby time is 9 hours usage is 2 hours. The reg 6 I could literally see the battery drop as I was using it. The speaker on the 6 and plus are no different to me. The 6 wasnt bad but battery life is very important to me and theres a big difference between the 2...and the screen size is awesome.

14. jmlp macrumors newbie

got the iphone 6 now and thinking of switching to plus