iPhone 6 vs Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TallManNY, Mar 12, 2015.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

A picture I'd like to see is the Macbook from a side angle compared to the iPhone 6. I was looking at picture and noticing that the headphone jack is nearly the entire width of the bottom part of the Macbook. That is pretty close to width of the iPhone 6.

That kind of blew my mind.

Do I have these dimensions right?

2. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I thought you were going to post about how the iPhone 6 has higher benchmarks and a better webcam than the 2015 Macbook ;-)

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I think that headphone jack is high on Ive's list of things to sacrifice at the altar of thinness for the iPhone 7.

4. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Does it? That's just plain sad. This is truly a worthless machine.

5. saback macrumors member

Me 2!
    Btw, I would prefer 2 USB-C and no phone jack and a BT headphone instead!

6. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

No the iPhone 6 is not faster than the Macbook. Different classes of CPUs cannot be compared by looking at their clock speeds.

7. PeterJP macrumors regular

LOL :) Humour always prevails over cynics.

8. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I noticed the same thing, but that's only the flat surface area. There is more that angles in below that. Still impressive, though.

9. bmclaurin macrumors member

bmclaurin

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Macbook runs circles around the iPhone 6. The SoC is just not the same as computer Intel chips.

11. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

I would prefer if they included a Bluetooth headset as well. Why not a beats. So I could sell it and get this thing down to a better price.

In regards to the bending. I'm gonna laugh if we see some videos of a guy with Lebron James sized hands bending one.

12. MisterPunchy macrumors regular

Indeed. It's like claiming your 700hp Hellcat can haul more cargo than a 550hp Mack trailer rig. Horsepower isn't everything...

13. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Comparing the 2 devices, I expect we'll read fewer complaints of the MacBook bending in people's front pockets ;)

14. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Still has a better camera ;)

15. danielwerner macrumors regular

danielwerner

Easy to take a picture/movie and then just transfer it via dropbox, right? :)

16. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Skype / FaceTime etc is easier via laptop than holding your phone In front of your face ;)

----------

Do not underestimate fat people !!!! It's never their fault, it's poor engineering !!!

17. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Oh you are so easy. Apple has got you.

People who have followed Apple with a critical eye know lots of their stuff have TAPERED edges to make them look thinner than they really are including the new rMB.

18. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

ha, you are right, I looked again and there is more bulk.

But since I've got a laptop for work, I won't be buying a mac laptop anytime soon. So they don't have me there! I'm immune to their charms on this piece of tech. Well, unless my GF spills coffee on her Macbook Pro again. In which case the Macbook would actually be the right device for her.

19. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I have been saying this a while...it's not hard to tell what Apple will get rid of next....just look at the thickest part on the phone. The headphone jack will be removed.

Apple also patented using the lightning port for audio. Put that and the beats purchase together and it all makes sense.