iPhone 6 vs Watch (as fitness device)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simurgh87, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Simurgh87 macrumors member

To break those 6 vs 6+ discussions :D

Most people will use :apple:Watch only together with iPhone, but which one of two is the better fitness tracking device.

Sure :apple:Watch has HR sensor and it's more portable, but that's about it. I suspect they both have same/similar M chip integrated inside. iPhone has GPS so for runners it might actually be a better device.

I was actually expecting more sensors integrated with watch. At the moment apple watch is not match for Garmin as fitness device.

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I currently use my 5S as fitness device with the Nike Move App, Fitbit App and the Runkeeper/Breeze apps. All of them are used daily to keep me motivated.

Nike requires you to "Move" for 5 consecutive minutes over 7 hours a day to win the minimum.
    Fitbit I use to compete with my friends on who gets more steps
    Runkeeper for long runs/walks
    Breeze actually keeps me motivated by sending me encouraging messages and also sets goals for me based on previous weeks' exercises.

I also have a Pebble... as much as I want an Apple Watch I think this 1st gen model is too bare bones for my liking; especially for the price. Were it a more palatable $199 I'd buy one for sure. But that's just too much scratch for an accompanying device.