iPhone 6 went for a milk shower

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Dec 25, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

My cousins little 3 year old was playing a game on my iPhone and spilled a can on the table and the lower half of my screen got drained in milk. Everything seems to be working fine but there's a random "plugged device not supported" pop up every now and then. Should I be concerned that it's gonna get worse?

I got applecare+ but don't think it justifies paying 69€ for and wasting one of two replacements yet.

2. louisebelcher macrumors newbie

louisebelcher

Yes. You've likely damaged it, and the moisture sensors have been triggered so Apple will know it was your fault. You will have to pay for a replacement. Consider it an expensive lesson.

3. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

k the pop up issue seems to have fixed itself over time and everything else is working fine too. The only annoying thing is that I probably won't be able to get a warranty case for anything now cuz the water damage indicator most likely has been triggered. So if anything ever happens I will most likely have to make a 69€ applecare+ case

4. IndoX macrumors 6502

Correct. Any issues going forward can be indicative of the liquid damage that may not have seen immediate consequences.

Also, warranty repairs (such as receiver, speaker, camera, etc) cannot be done if a device has the internal LCI triggered.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Better question is why is it a full glass of milk

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Just wait until the milk that remains begins to spoil/smell. Ick.

7. gtmac macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6 went for a milk shower

OP has Applecare + so he is fine, water and a working phone would be ok for me but milk? That's nasty, as a parent if young kids you grow sick of the smell of old milk.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not sure if it's any help, but I kept getting that message too even though nothing was plugged in. I just blew lots of compressed air through the Lightning port, and it works fine now.

Think it must've been a bit of grit or lint lodged in there.

9. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

it was the coffee milk ;)

coffee milk at our christmas family reunion. thank god i did get applecare+