iPhone 6, white spot at top left of the screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robertosh, Nov 9, 2017.

1. robertosh macrumors 6502a

robertosh

A few days ago I've discovered a white spot under de display, only visible in dark backgrounds, anyone had something similar ?? Could be worse with time?

[​IMG]

2. Minho macrumors regular

Minho

Has you phone been repaired recently? This could be caused by a pressure point due to incorrect assembly of the device. If the phone hasn't been opened, then I would suspect that the screen is damaged. It may or may not get worse with time. For now it's just annoying...if it gets worse, you'll likely have to change the screen.

3. robertosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

robertosh

The screen was replaced by Apple two years ago and was running fine until a few days ago. I suppose that the job was done right. No drops, nothing since then so maybe just a faulty replacement.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not quite, What That Actually is light bleed from an uneveness with the LCD display panel and its partially separated. It likely won't worsen further, but it's going to require replacing.

5. robertosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

robertosh

I can live with that, my only pain was if it will worsen. So I hope that it lasts another year.