iPhone 6 Wi-Fi issues!! Anyone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexxk, Sep 24, 2014.

1. alexxk macrumors 6502

Hello All,

Today I started to notice my iphone 6 losing its wi-fi signal and not being able to connect back to it unless I restart the phone. This happened 3 times today.

I've tried to turn on and off wi-fi, putting into Airplane Mode and nothing.. the only thing that will work is a restart.

Is anyone having a similar issue with their iphones 6?

Thanks!!

2. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Yes. It's happened to me several times at work. Not yet at home.

3. 2IS Suspended

Interestingly enough, the wifi on my phone has been superb in both signal strength and speed until today. I pulled up into my garage and noticed my phone had not yet connected to my access point... Went into the settings and it wasn't seeing any networks. Needed to restart the phone to get it working again.

4. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

This sucks!!

Could this be a software issue?? I'm new to iPhone and never had this sort of issues on Andorid before..

5. Bahroo, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

Bahroo macrumors 68000

yeah the Wi-fi performance on this phone is defitnetly better then the 5S/5 era wifi easily for sure, its really nice I get extremely solid wifi performance

----------

try "Forgetting your Network" in wifi settings. hit the little i next to your Wi-fi name, try that and reenter the code, or click on renew lease also

6. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

I did a reset Network settings on my phone..

Let's see how that works!! Will post results here..

7. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Same thing that's been happening to me. So many damn bugs. Apple is slacking off lately

8. lwdc macrumors newbie

I also experienced similar issues with my iPhone 6. I reset network settings, and did a restore on the phone. Nothing seemed to help. I ended up taking it to the Genius Bar this evening. Unfortunately, my device ended up having to be replaced.

9. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Did you get a brand new phone?

10. lwdc macrumors newbie

They gave me a white box replacement unit from the back. It was the only 64 GB Space Grey T-Mobile unit in store.

11. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Both my wife and I are having problems with periodic issues with our iPhone 6's not connecting to WiFi. Turning off/on WiFi doesn't work. Almost always we have to restart the phone to get it to connect. Just went through this about 40 minutes ago with mine.

12. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

13. Koziakauzu macrumors member

According to what happened to me and others, the issue is caused by restoring an older backup to your new iPhone, or by using iCloud to recover your wifi settings. This seems to be resolved by reseting the network settings in general>reset

14. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Not had any trouble here, knock on wood! In fact, my home wifi connects way before it ever connected on my 5, it connects when I get out of my car to get the mail at my apartment complex and that has never happened. It will also stay connected in my apartment even if both bedroom doors are closed, we used to have to leave one open or the 5 wouldn't stay connected even though my MacBook and iPad will.

15. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

16. JokerElite macrumors regular

JokerElite

Happened a few times to me and my cousin. Other devices are able to find and connect instantly.

17. aleni macrumors 68020

I didnt lose the wifi signal, wifi signal is still showing the full bar but every 10-15 minutes the wifi internet connection seems slow and sometimes dropped while my old iphone 5 with ios 7 still has the internet connection from the same wifi. Recently just found out a temp fix for this issue. On my iphone 6, i disabled cellular data while im on wifi. So far so good after couple of hours.

18. geniuschen macrumors newbie

Same problem here.
    Wonder whether I should replace it.....

19. aleni macrumors 68020

20. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried all suggestions including doing a Network Reset and today I've experienced the problem again..

I've made an appointment for Monday at Apple.. they didn't have anything until Sunday!!

I'm very upset at this.. makes me wonder if I made the right decision to return to iPhone after 4 years problems free with Galaxy phones!!

21. aleni macrumors 68020

Disabling cellular data while you're on wifi. Have you tried it? Because i dont have the wifi issue anymore.

22. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes.. the phone keeps searching for a network and it won't find anything..

Like I said.. I need to restart the phone to make it connect again!!

23. aleni macrumors 68020

iPhone 6 Wi-Fi issues!! Anyone??

Well. That's a different issue. What i was talking about was wifi signal is showing but internet connection seems dropping a lot every 10-15 minutes for 30 secs.

24. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Mine does this too..

It's connected throughout the whole day on some instances it just loses wifi signal even though every other device in my house is still connected.

So I have to turn wifi off and turn it back on and re-connect. This is annoying!

25. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

It's better than having to restart like mine.. that's the only way it will work here..