iPhone 6 wifi issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mofei1, Oct 6, 2014.

1. mofei1 macrumors regular

Got a launch day iPhone 6 128gb in space grey running on the latest ios 8.0.2 and having some problems with the wifi.

Sometimes the phone will fail to automatically connect to my router at home. When this happens I go into settings > wifi and noticed that the phone fails to find any hotspots.

The only way to solve this is to restart the phone =(

Is this a hardware problem or a known bug in 8.0.2?

2. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Same issue here with iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 Wifi drops out cannot connect to any wifi network unless I restart the phone.

Seems like iOS Bug

3. phonemein macrumors member

I had the same issue with my plus. I ended using a Static IP, and it's been stable for a few days now.

4. vietalogy macrumors 6502

5. Juanefny macrumors 6502

happens to me on ocassion, I'm attributing it to an iOS problem.

6. RipGroove macrumors member

I have this also, wifi drops off anywhere between 5 secs or 2mins. Have to toggle it back on constantly while using the phone. For example I've had to toggle it 3 times during writing the message

7. mohawkapple macrumors member

mohawkapple

same thing on my 6, hopefully we will get a update soon to resolve some bugs!

8. RipGroove macrumors member

iPhone 6 wifi issues

Don't know whether to bother going to my Apple Store appointment as the next update may fix this, anyone have any idea when the next update is? I don't really have time to go this weekend plus I'll loose my glass screen protector if they replace the handset. And even if they do replace it there's no guarantee it'll be any different.

Today for example my WIFI has been rock solid all day. Yesterday would barely stay connected for more than 10 secs.

9. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Same problem here. Tried everything. Hard to connect. When it does it is slooooow. I thought it was my WiFi but my G3 is connected to the same network and it flies. I also have Bluetooth issues where it won't stay connected. I am going to return mine unfortunately. In was excited to get the device but it must go Sadly. Hopefully when 8.1 drops the problems will be resovled and I will return.