Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChuckinCharlie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
My iPhone 6 wifi keeps getting turned off and when I go to settings the toggle is greyed out. I have performed multiple network resets that provides a temp resolution to the problem. Once the phone goes to sleep and I starting using again wifi is off and settings toggle is grey. Anybody else run into this and find a solution?

ChuckinCharlie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
One thing I kept meaning to try and kept forgetting was changing my wifi network to see if that mattered so I just did that. The main reason I thought this was worth trying is because I have been running an Eero wifi mesh network since Eero got delivered a month or two ago. It seemed unlikely that was the problem but I figured since nothing else was working this would be worth a try.

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2016
I hate to tell you this, but...this started happening to my first iPhone 6. Various things helped sometimes, sometimes they didn't. I tried: powering the phone off and back on, doing a hard reset, resetting network settings, resetting all settings. The issue got progressively worse over the course of 3 months or so, ie it would take 2 or 3 things to get the wifi toggle switch functional again. In the end, nothing worked at all and the bluetooth also stopped functioning. Restoring the phone to factory did not help and the phone had to be replaced. It turned out to be a hardware issue. Apple did make me go through ALL of the troubleshooting steps available before finally agreeing to replace the phone. The phone was less than 4 months old when this started.

I would advise you to consult Apple, you probably need a new phone. Oh...back up your phone to iTunes ASAP.

ChuckinCharlie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. I figured what you describe is what was going on but I thought I'd try a few things before giving up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.