iPhone 6 will be the biggest launch ever in the US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ricktat, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

I am going to start camping out tonight. :D:cool:

Reasons it will:
    1) Larger display will bring back Android defectors
    2) Larger display will give Iphone 4/4s holdouts a reason to upgrade (I know soo many out of contract 4/4s owners who just won't upgrade yet)
    3) Larger display will bring in new customers to Apple
    4) Larger display will give Iphone 5/5s users an excuse to upgrade
    5) IOS 7 plus now IOS 8 will have most software features that people like on Android
    6) US carriers now make it easier to upgrade early (NEXT, Jump, etc.)
    7) All the other reasons people upgrade every year anyways

Reasons it won't:
    1) It's too big for my tiny hands

Can you add anything to either list?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Enjoy your camping. I guess we will see you in a few months.

3. 617aircav Suspended

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Well every iPhone launch becomes the new biggest launch US history. I don't see why we wouldn't expect the 6 to be any different.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

They have said the same thing in past iPhone introductions.

6. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

True... but if not for touch ID the 5S is still a 5. My 5S doesn't do anything more than my 5 except touch ID, slo mo

from 4-5.. some can't even tell a difference in screen size.

This will be a huge change. Other than saying.. I hate Apple.. there won't be any excuses.

7. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

I can see that happening for some. When I was looking to replace my HTC EVO, the iPhone felt and looked too small, almost like going back to my previous phone, the Touch Pro. So I got the Nexus 4. If there's a 5.5 inch version of the iPhone 6, I'd probably get it when my N4 conks out.

8. Chevelle macrumors regular

I felt the same way. Had an iPhone 4. Loved it. Went to a note 2. Liked it but it was too big. Wasn't as refined and smooth as an iPhone. Then got a moto x. Perfect size compromise. Worked great but still not ios smooth. So I got a 5s and had it for 2 days. Can't go back to a 4" screen. 4.5-4.7 is ideal imo.

9. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I just hope that supply keeps up with demand.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Add to your list:
    A burner
    portable A/C
    a laundry line
    detergent
    Pack a lot of preservatives.

11. Gincoma macrumors 6502

wait you cant notice a difference between size of the 4 to the 5 and also only difference you see between the 5 and 5s is Touch ID. Your credibilty just went out the window, what you say from here on out is nothing more the a 3 year old and their giberish. Im pretty sure people who also think logistically will also feel the same :D

12. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sure it will. This isn't 2010 anymore.

14. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Alot of folks are going to realize that they in fact prefer to use the iphone one-handed, which will not be possible at 4.7 and 5.5 inches. They'll realize this only after they buy an iphone 6 and will return it.

For every action, there's a reaction. You'll see online petitions asking for the 4 inch or 4.3" model to make a comeback.

If Apple was smart, they'd simply make a 4", 4.7 and 5.5" to keep everyone happy. It's like starbucks, small medium or large. It's abundantly clear that the screen size camps are all sizeable minorities, with a 1/3 wanting 4", 1/3 wanting something like 4.5-4.7, and others wanting as huge of a screen as possible. Just make 3 sizes and end this debate for good Apple.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Great. The iPhone Venti and the iPhone Grande. :D

16. Chevelle macrumors regular

You're right in that there are compromises at every level. The iPhone is great for one handed use and ergonomics. But everything is small and cramped. Good if you primarily text but not the best if you Web browse and read. The bigger phones are great for that stuff but they aren't one hand devices and aren't as comfortable in the hand. I've had them all and the best compromise so far was the moto x.

17. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You had me right up to the point, "on the iPhone 4 vs the 5, some can't tell the difference between the screen size."

18. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You got to understand that to most it will just be another phone. People here, including me, are not the norm and while the 6 will be a good upgrade, there will be many more in the future.

19. Che Castro macrumors 603

You forget the gold iphone low supply ?

20. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

The key word was "some".... When I bought the Iphone 5, I had Iphone 4 users asking me if it was the new Iphone. They had to look at it and then were like... ahh yeah that's bigger.

A 4.7 inch screen is the size of a old Galaxy S3. There is no confusing that it is a different sized phone.

21. nerdAFK macrumors regular

nerdAFK

And then iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8...
    Till the Sun explodes

22. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Who cares if people know you have a new phone?

I follow the 2 year cycle

3g->4->5->6(soon)

I must say the jump from 3g->4 was night and day, but that was because of A4, Flash & Retina display. Not really looking forward to Apple increasing the size again, but I will cope. I just hope sapphire is there.

23. cynics macrumors G4

I went to Vegas when the 5 was first released and my gf at the time had one. We'd occasionally have people take a pic for us and half of everyone that did so asked if it was the new iPhone while they were holding it (albeit in a case).

Some like you and I find the difference apparent. Others might have trouble seeing that .5" difference especially since it's a change in aspect ratio so things on the screen are staying the same size just adding more content.

24. Kaspersky Suspended

Kaspersky

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree with the op.
    And I also hope the supply keeps up but I think it will be crazy and we will see many shortages and long lines for months.
    Hope they let us preorder the 5.5 inch model and not wait and hope outside Apple stores for hours.