Iphone 6 with case and screen protector looks really bad

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ricktat, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ricktat, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

ricktat macrumors 65816

Ever since the first leaks showed the curved glass I knew adding a screen protector was going to be an issue.

I have ordered several cases and several types of plastic and glass screen protectors.

Those are starting to come in and it isn't looking good.

The Spigen Tough Armor with a pretty decent lip still has a little over 1/8 inch/ 3mm gap between the glass/plastic and the tough armor on each side.

I also have a Otterbox Symetry case ordered because those have one of the larger lips and I hope it is close enough.

It appears that the screen protector might look worse than scratches.... ughh:eek:

Pics are of a Tech Armor Glass and a Spigen Tough Armor.

The other 2 plastic ones I have of other brands are exactly the same size.

Attached Files:

2. venom600 macrumors 6502a

What on earth do you do to get scratches on your phone? I've had five iPhones and not a screen protector on any. They've been in bags and pockets with change, keys, pens, staples and been dropped numerous times. In all that time I've never seen so much as any thing resembling a scratch. If something hits the screen hard enough to scratch it, it likely breaks it too (I've found). So why use a screen protector at all?

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Pics? I ordered a Spigen Tough Armor in black and a Zagg glass screen protector to go on my 6+ SG.

4. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

5. brun019822 macrumors member

good for you.

----------

im also worried how it will look with a screen protector on it.

6. SAMCROforever macrumors member

maybe companies will start producing screen protectors that curve around the glass. I'm sure there will be a solution.

7. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

A couple started this will the Galaxy S3 but months later the S4 was out with flat glass again. I am hoping this too.

----------

added