Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Just checking to see if this is a common bug. My iPhone, even with all the search functions turned off, is running very warm all day. Of course this comes with battery drain. Will try it later today with the watch turned off. Anyone else?

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
try a hard restart. When i did this and powered back on, it asked me for my iCloud password on the lock screen. Ever since i entered it the phone has been noticeably cooler.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
try a hard restart. When i did this and powered back on, it asked me for my iCloud password on the lock screen. Ever since i entered it the phone has been noticeably cooler.
Tried it. Still running warm, battery drain has decreased significantly since turning off search functions though.

cruze1987

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Chicago
I have a 6 Plus with a 42mm SS watch and I'm having the exact same issue. Battery life is horrible, 15 mins ago I was at 42% now after some web browsing it went down to 23%. I installed iOS 9 beta as a clean install didn't restore from back up (feating it would carry bugs from iOS 8.4 beta 3) and watchOS 2 beta and battery is draining insanely fast and my phone runs hot too, I'm thinking about downgrading to iOS 8.4 beta 4 seeing if that helps

skadoo323

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
I have a 6 Plus with a 42mm SS watch and I'm having the exact same issue. Battery life is horrible, 15 mins ago I was at 42% now after some web browsing it went down to 23%. I installed iOS 9 beta as a clean install didn't restore from back up (feating it would carry bugs from iOS 8.4 beta 3) and watchOS 2 beta and battery is draining insanely fast and my phone runs hot too, I'm thinking about downgrading to iOS 8.4 beta 4 seeing if that helps

Problem is since you upgraded your watch to the watchOS2 beta you can't downgrade that to watchOS1. WatchOS2 isn't compatible with iOS 8.3/8.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.