Iphone 6 with wifi-issue (not slow, but lost signal constantly)

obito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I do not sure Is this the iOS problem or the device problem. Me and my cousin we both have the 6 and have been in same wi-fi network. His phone is doing well never lost or drop signal. Mine keeps dropping wi-fi connection, and when I try to go into setting to reconnect the wifi. It shows nothing on the wi-fi list. I have to reset the iPhone to be able to get back on wi-fi again then after a while wi-fi will just disconnected and not be able to search for any wi-fi network again. I have done full-restored thru iTunes. It helps a bit for a good day, and the issue comes back again.

Is anyone encounter this issue? I only have seen people having problem with slow wi-fi network, but I didnt see anyone addressed this issue yet.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I do not sure Is this the iOS problem or the device problem. Me and my cousin we both have the 6 and have been in same wi-fi network. His phone is doing well never lost or drop signal. Mine keeps dropping wi-fi connection, and when I try to go into setting to reconnect the wifi. It shows nothing on the wi-fi list. I have to reset the iPhone to be able to get back on wi-fi again then after a while wi-fi will just disconnected and not be able to search for any wi-fi network again. I have done full-restored thru iTunes. It helps a bit for a good day, and the issue comes back again.

Is anyone encounter this issue? I only have seen people having problem with slow wi-fi network, but I didnt see anyone addressed this issue yet.
Have you tried resetting network settings on your iphone? Also try rebooting your router.

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
i've encountered this ( and ALOT of other bugs in ios 8) im just blaming it on the bugs they need to work out in ios 8 . before upating to ios 8 on my 5s as well as the 6 plus... hopefully thats all it is.....

obito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Have you tried resetting network settings on your iphone? Also try rebooting your router.
Have done all of that. It still doesnt solve the issue. It's not like the router problem because there are plenty of wi-fi networks on the lists, but when the phone drops the signal. It seems like the phone can't catch any signals at all.

Should i take it back to Apple and let them replace it? I think if it's iOS problem, replacing phone is not gonna resolve the issue.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I have had the same exact issue happen to me twice since I got the 6. I would wait for an update to see if it that fixes it unless it happens to you a lot then I would take it to get checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.