Iphone 6 won't connect to 4g after wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0007xico, Jan 19, 2015.

1. 0007xico macrumors newbie

Hello,
    when i am home I am on wifi but when I leave the house it goes for 4g, problem is i won't have a internet connection .
    Apps or browser wont work, for it to work i need to restart network but strange won't go back to 4g but 3g.

Vodafone told me account it is ok and all settings were fine because 4g does work but not on that case.
    Reseted the settings couple of times and even restored the iphone.

Any ideas?
    Many thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

WHat kind of reception are you getting. Poor reception will make you phone revert to 3G. Not getting Internet is strange.

3. 0007xico thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I think there is something wrong with Vodafone network. I have seen similar issues on my phone since I changed from EE to vodafone and never had those problems prior.

Sometimes I see five bars and a good 4G signal but no internet and have to either reboot the phone or go to airplane mode and back to get it working.

5. 0007xico thread starter macrumors newbie

Vodafone tells me that if 4g works in some situations, should work in this case.
    Apple tells me can't see where the problem is.
    This is annoying and I don't know what to do.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

might be time to change carriers!:eek:

7. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Change carriers.

Every time I'm in Britain, I always use EE. Vodafone is pretty dismal.

8. 0007xico thread starter macrumors newbie

So you don't think it's an iphone fault?

9. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Nope. It's your carrier.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I agree with this statement Totally. I always own my phone outright and have been using EE for the past year until End of October when I switched to Vodafone. The reason for switching is that I was on a 12 month contract with EE that ended and found that Vodafone was offering the best deal for a new contract. Cheaper price and 10Gig of data instead of 3Gig both with tethering.

EE is by far the best carrier in the UK at least for the areas in which I use my phone. You get what you pay for and unfortunately I am now stuck for another nine months before I can go back to EE.

I recently called Vodafone support while standing right next to their mast in a village in the West country. I had five bars but could only get GPRS and was trying to convince them they had a problem with their 3G at this location. The call did not go well.