iPhone 6 working on more then one network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jmoretz, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Jmoretz macrumors newbie

I read on some site that the iPhone 6 network card has different or wider range of frequencies, and that like you could have att and have signal but be connected to Verizon but the phone would still say att. is that true?
    Also I was wondering if I had a sprint iPhone 6 would it sometimes hop on Verizon for signal and say sprint still, or would a tmobile iPhone 6 hop on to Verizon if possible

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

It's called roaming, and it's been around just about as long as cell phones themselves.

AT&T and T-Mobile won't roam on Verizon because they are GSM and Verizon is CDMA.

Sprint will roam on Verizon.

When you're roaming, your phone should say extended in place of your carrier name. I don't think it will roam and show your regular carrier, because then how would you know you're roaming? There are limitations to how much you can roam. Read your contract for the specifics on that.

Yes there are more bands in the new iPhones, though. That doesn't mean it will work with any more carriers than before.