Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
That would be a good phone. Plastic wouldn't bend and stay bent like the aluminum. It'd be lighter too.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
NOT

Apple plastic products even they claim them to be PolyCarbonate of whatever grade...their suppliers don't perform well in the production environment and there would be hairline cracks and many kind of defects like the MacBooks, the iPhone 3G and many iPods had.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
NOT

Apple plastic products even they claim them to be PolyCarbonate of whatever grade...their suppliers don't perform well in the production environment and there would be hairline cracks and many kind of defects like the MacBooks, the iPhone 3G and many iPods had.

Ok I didn't know that. I never owned any plastic Apple products.

Except I have my fathers old 3GS that he used for 3 years and now my 3 year old uses it for a toy. It has no case and gets thrown all around the place and hasn't broken yet.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Liquidmetal! Liquidmetal! Liquidmetal! Say it three times and Biggie Smalls will appear and bust yo cap!

Seriously tho. Liquidmetal may not be ready for prime time now...but perhaps in the iphone 7. Maybe the iphone 6s if they can mass produce it by then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.