iPhone 6c possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Sep 8, 2015.

Is an iPhone 6c possible?

1. YES

12 vote(s)
  2. NO

5 vote(s)

14 vote(s)
  1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2012
  2. thatpluslife macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2015
    I feel like it could very well happen but with the price dropping on the 6 I feel if the C did come out it would be pointless now since you'll be able to get the bigger phone for cheaper. However, the C would bring more customers who don't want a bigger phone.
  3. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2012
    Well I think the iPhone 6c should replace the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. They should just sell the new iPhone 6s and 6s+ which offer the bigger screen and then the iPhone 6c at a lower price. Which makes sense because if a customer wants a bigger screen they would have to get their newer phones and if they want a smaller screen they can always go with the 6c.
  4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Mar 25, 2013
    Zero chance this happens. Trust me... I know. :cool:
  5. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2012
    I want a 4" premium iPhone. But yeah, apple does need to replace the 5S and 5C, there is no support for apple pay on those devices and I assume Apple wants every customer regards of price paid to have Apple Pay & Touch ID. I personally expect a iPhone 6C and iPhone 6S Mini. Who knows about a 6S mini, but I think a 6C is very likely, maybe not tomorrow, but we shall see.
  6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Mar 25, 2013
    Zero. Chance.
  7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

May 31, 2015
    Rio Grande Valley in South Texas
    Not for this year. In fact, I think many people don't realize that the name "iPhone 6c" doesn't really make sense with what they want it to be (a 4" phone). If they're gonna keep the iPhone 6 in the line-up this year, why would they not for next year? The more likely scenario is an iPhone mini or something of the sort. Calling a new iPhone with a 4" screen the "iPhone 6c" would cause confusion, since customers already know that the iPhone 6 offers a 4.7" screen.
  8. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    Possible, but given the lack of rumors not very likely to happen.
  9. koulmj Suspended

Mar 18, 2013
    Yeah, I think maybe further down the road, I will miss my green case.
  10. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2013
    Is everyone forgetting about the leak of the plastic shell with redesigned speakers and dual tone flash? Yes, I do think we will see a 6c tomorrow. It'll just be the 5s in a plastic shell
  11. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2013
    You don't think it would be equivalent to a "6" in a plastic shell? When the 5C came out it was equivalent to a 5 with the 5S being the top of the line phone. They didn't go back two generations to a 4S. The 5 was just discontinued.

And I would be VERY tempted by a smaller "6". I wasn't keen on the size of the 6 when it came out and I am still not.