iPhone 6C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by midnightvii, Jul 29, 2014.

1. midnightvii macrumors member

My wife is getting an iPhone 5C, very soon. I want her to wait but didn't want to hype up empty hope. Since iPhone 5C doesn't as well.

Do you guys think it is possible for iPhone 6C to come out along side with the rest of them or the chance is pretty slim?

2. pure-rockstar macrumors regular

The 6c would be released with the 6s, next year.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think the theme for this years iPhone releases revolve around larger screens.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Slim. Maybe next year but maybe not at all as the "C" version of the 5 did not sell well.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Over Blackberry! LOL! Blackberry is the dead still walking!

I have read several articles and they said the Apple was dissapointed with the C.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It just didn't meet Apple's expectations.

But it still sold crazy high numbers.

And it sold better than the 4S did when the 5 launched. And better than the 4 when the 4S launched.

Apple would be wise to do something fresh with the 5S hardware... rather than just sell it cost reduced.

In fact, it COULD be what drives the 4.7inch. And reserve the A8 for the 5.5 inch.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Doing "something fresh" will raise the cost considerably. The whole point is to give the Apple experience at the lowest cost. They also what people to buy the 6

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

They want people to buy the 6...

But there will be availability constraints, and there will be some with budget constraints. Better for those to buy last year's 5S or repackaged 5S than goto Android.

9. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I see many, many iPhone 5C's in the wild. I would say its the most common phone that I see. It couldn't have sold too bad. Nevertheless, it didn't meet Apple's expectation. It was kind of an oddball release honestly. I think it could be its own category of iPhone, but doubt Apple will release 2 or even possibly 3 different versions of the same phone.

10. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Whether or not it sold well isn't the point.

To the OP, since this is only the first release of the C, we don't really know what to think Apple is doing with it... At this point I would wait, especially because it's not too terribly long until the 6 will probably be released. If she really just wants a phone though, she won't be unhappy with a 5C. It's a great phone.

11. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I see a lot of iPhone 5c's in the hands of younger folks - high school/ college age to be exact.

12. midnightvii thread starter macrumors member

OP here. My wife came home last night smiling. She just bought 32 gigs iPhone 5c at Virgin Mobile online. $417.- I think its a good price. For iPod/phone and everything else. She is happy. :) So I am happy.

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Agreed. Forums are as bad as Facebook, with users sticking to outdated, inaccurate information.

14. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I'll say it....

The iPhone 5S will be repackaged as the iPhone 5Sc or whatever they will call it. The ipohone 5C sold very well. See no reason why Apple wouldnt continue that trend.

I could definitely be wrong. Seeing as I dont work for Apple....I probably am.

15. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Data is OLD.

16. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

iPhone 6c?

We have seen endless rumours about the upcoming iPhone 6, with two expected models.. But nothing to suggest whether there might be a 6c.. What do you guys think? Is a 'c' model going to slip in under the radar?

17. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

That's what the 5.5" phone will be called. Contrary to popular assumption, the 4.7" will be the high end model.

18. Izauze macrumors 6502

No, the C is a budget model made with plastic. With the 4.7" being the $200 version, a 4" iPhone 5s will likely be the $100 option, and the 5c may be the free version. (However it works out, the 3.5" is dead.)

A 4.7" c model won't be released until 2015 at earliest.

19. chupachup, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014

chupachup macrumors 6502

A phone that has been out for 10 months outsells one that has been out for 2-3 months.

WOW. Amazing isn't it.

Notice how none of those links you posted actually say how many iPhone 5c phones have been sold exactly, so we really don't know.

20. chupachup macrumors 6502

They have no idea how many iPhone 5c have been sold.

Outselling BB and Windows Phone isn't an accomplishment. Of course you can outsell phones nobody is buying.

----------

It's not better than an iPhone 5. It has worse build quality.

21. DaveWotzit macrumors member

DaveWotzit

From the UK the Isle of winning at sports *NOT*
    Will there be a iPhone 6c ??

I'm seeing lots of discussion about the upcoming iPhone and possible sizes.

These appear to tie in with "Spy shots" of components based around milled metal cases etc. But i've not seen any sign of a 5c replacement; not hint of a coloured plastic case anywhere!

I'm not 100% sure if the 5c sales met Apples expectations, as I remember it being badged, by many, as the "Cheaper" iPhone and then were shocked by the prices :O

Will there be a 6c?

Your thoughts.

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I doubt a 6C will be introduced, because there are no leaks and reports on it.

23. cynics macrumors G3

It outsold them COMBINED? Android devices have a lot of competition amongst themselves. If your only options were 2 different iPhones and 2 different Android phones wouldn't the results be different? I already know I'm buying an iOS device so my only choice are which one. I'm sure a lot of Android users are the same except they have A LOT of options to muddy the waters.

Unless that is a combined statistic. I don't really keep up with device sales.

24. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol what no