IPhone 6plus as your only device and the extras I should take with me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henry2, Mar 23, 2015.

1. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

So I'm going overseas for a year and I donot want to have to carry a lot of the socalled personal electronics with me .just something I can keep out of sight when I'm on the street working

So I have a unlocked phone so I can get a local SIM card when I get there to use plus I have my games I like on it and music I like also on it .plus a couple of apps that I can use wifi calling to speak to home .
    also here is some of the extras items I'm taking with me
    Waytool textblade keybaord for use as needed
    Power monkey folding solar charger for the iPhone.
    .anything else you can think of that might come in handy

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you are going to be there a year, I would take another case if you use one.

3. meistervu macrumors 65816

The place you are going to, is is days of travel from the nearest civilization? If not, you can always pick up what you need there. Often time that it's hard to anticipate one's need ahead of time.

4. henry2 thread starter macrumors regular

henry2

Most of the time i will be in a large city but the place where we stayed at was not really great and there was some theft last time the guys stayed at the house .so it better to have everything with me than leave it behind for someone to steal

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

What I meant is to bring what you typically need but not go overboard. If your destination is a city, and you live in a city now, the basic infrastructure is not very different. Think of how you would carry and protect your device where you live now and the same would apply to Thailand, Italy, Zimbabwe, Mars :rolleyes:

Unless you know you are going to be in places without power, a battery bank is more practical than a solar charger I think. You can replenish it while you sleep.

6. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Power adapter for voltage you're going to
    Headphones
    Extra case
    Extra screen protector

Unless the place you're going to will have all these readily available to purchase.