iPhone 6Plus Battery Shortened

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Elppa31, May 6, 2015.

1. Elppa31 macrumors newbie

Does anyone else experience a shortage of battery with their iPhone 6Plus. I have seen people say that they have had longer battery on their 6Plus but I am not sure if they are using different settings. I have been using my Apple Watch Sports- Space Gray BSB since April 28.

Attached Files:

2. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I'm still in processing ( :( ) so I can't directly comment, but some questions - have you been using the watch & your phone an extraordinary amount of time more because of the newness/tweaking factor? I see iMessage is your number 1 battery user - are you sending more now with the novelty of the Watch?

Have you tried a hard reset of your phone?

I'm sure others will chime in as well.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There is no indication from your usage screenshot that anything is wrong. In fact it looks like you only seem to use your phone for messaging.

My 6+ lasts longer (when I'm not playing hearthstone on it) now since I use the watch for messages mostly.

4. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen any noticeable change. It really depends on three factors:

1) How many notifications you get pushed to your watch everyday.
    2) How much you use your phone.
    3) The environmental conditions of your use case.

I'm probably saving some battery by not responding to most notifications, but I'm also using a lot of battery constantly pushing notifications to my Watch. The effect essentially cancels out any savings.

If you receive notifications, AND respond to them, you're killing your battery twice, which would explain your lack of battery performance.

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I used to charge my iPhone 6+ at work, but lately I've been letting it go, to see how it does when paired with the watch.

A typical work day looks like this: I get up and put the watch on at about 6am, exercise about 20-30 minutes, receive dozens of notifications, reply to at least 10-20 messages and make 5-10 phone calls (on the watch), use my iPhone to listen to music (wired earphones) about 2+ hours a day, also check and respond to emails (two Exchange accounts and one iCloud, all pushed) all day (50-100 emails) and surf the net quite a bit, if I have time.

At the end of the day (11pm or so), I'm averaging about 20-30% on the watch, and 10-20% on the phone.

6. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

You also spend a lot of time in the Camera (seeing your snapchat usage). That's probably a big chunk of it right there.

7. ihatephish macrumors regular

Have to admit, I don't really know what snapchat and tinder really are, other than that they're probably dating sites. I suggest you find yourself a fine, wholesome woman to settle down with... :)

That said, I only charge my 6+ every other day now.

8. Fynd macrumors 6502

Something's not right. I'd suggest a restore and repair of both phone and watch.

That's seriously light use, app-wise. I get triple the usage and quadruple the standby with the same setup.

9. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I've had both off charge since before 6AM.

It's now 10:20 PM.

42 mm Sport is at 47%

iPhone6+ is at 72%.

Don't know what settings other people are using. I've yt to come even close to running out of power.

10. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

My iPhone 6 definitely drains faster when paired with the watch, but not severely, and I use the phone less, so IMO it evens out.

Tonight, it's 7:30, and I've had the watch and phone off their chargers since 6:30am. 42% for the phone (decent usage today), and 53% for the watch.

11. tivoboy macrumors 68030

watch app

some people had initially reported that closing the watch app on the phone helped the phone battery life.. didn't impact usage of the watch.

12. Kent01 macrumors 6502

My battery is draining faster than ever now with my Watch. Maybe that's because I started using Tinder last Monday and have been talking to girls all week xD

13. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

I think I have seen my battery be a bit lower at end of day on 6 plus but it has had absolutely no impact on my usage or anything.

14. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

well i regret shipping my mophie back for my 6+. Im hoping my mophie comes back but guys get a mophie if you are worried about battery life. I scratched my case and they are going to replace it for free!