iPhone 6Plus - horizontal lines in call menu & Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tysonselectah, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Tysonselectah macrumors newbie

Tysonselectah

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I am having grey horizontal lines running through the calling menu and in the tabswitch background section of Mobile Safari. Anyone else experiencing this as well? Looks like a graphical glitch to me. Below I attached two screenshots. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

PS: a little hard to see on the screenshots but on the phone it's very present

Attached Files:

2. Tysonselectah thread starter macrumors newbie

Tysonselectah

..and so this just happened..ugh

Did resolve itself after a reboot but do you guys think I should return the phone? Today's the last day of the 2 weeks return policy.

Attached Files:

3. cababah macrumors 68000

If it resolved itself from a reboot, it doesn't sound like a hardware problem which is good.

4. Tysonselectah thread starter macrumors newbie

Tysonselectah

Yes true ..but I still do see the horizontal lines. It's just a pain in the a** to drive all the way to Amsterdam to have it checked out

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

I saw that same issue a few days ago. Was very weird till I rebooted. iOS 8 needs some serious patching.

Attached Files:

6. irnchriz, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014

irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Could be a faulty scaler or corrupt screen buffer? Not experienced that or the lines on my 6plus. Try restore as new and see if the lines still occur, if not then it could be something from your backup causing the issue. If it persists take it to Apple.

7. Tysonselectah thread starter macrumors newbie

Tysonselectah

Will do that, irnchriz. Just did a restore but put my old copy back on it. Still seeing these lines. Will restore as new next. Cheers for the tip

8. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Had the same thing. Went away, and I can't reproduce it.

9. Tysonselectah thread starter macrumors newbie

Tysonselectah

Just got back from the Amsterdam store. They looked at the screen, back at me and without even hesitating for a second gave me a new one.

Downside: the moment I was going to leave a new delivery iPad Airs 2 hit the store. I simply couldn't resist.

Pretty expensive tuesday morning so far but I'm VERY pleased with Apples' customer service!