Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
Very happy this week. My iPhone 6 plus had been acting up a bit over the last month, would not respond to touch every now and then until rebooted, and would have screen flicker. Went to a local apple store and they saw what is was doing and immediately replaced it. No questions at all.

Great service again seen from my apple store.

Reactions: I7guy

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Very happy this week. My iPhone 6 plus had been acting up a bit over the last month, would not respond to touch every now and then until rebooted, and would have screen flicker. Went to a local apple store and they saw what is was doing and immediately replaced it. No questions at all.

Meh really depends on who you get really. I had some poor experiences in there. One good experience was when I bought an iPad Air 2 at launch which was a 64GB iPad Air 2 Wifi in gold online and wanted to exchange it for the 128GB with LTE the guy let me keep the charging brick and cable that came in the old box.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Exceptional customer care and service is what you get from Apple. We all take it for granted from time to time, but you always get treated like a VIP by Apple.

I had a problem with Beats headphones recently. They replaced them no questions asked. I took three different calls from a customer care manager who wanted to make sure I would be getting the exact replacement I wanted, then a couple days later she called asking if they had arrived and were working perfectly, and she checked in again one week later to make sure I was still entirely satisfied with the replacement and service I had received.

abta1

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Paris, France

Where you still under Applecare?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

What? They did what they always do when a phone is under warranty? sweet.... awesome post!

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
About 5 years ago my son was back from College with his old style Mac Book - white one - had a bad key on the keyboard. We took it to the apple store (was under warranty for a few more months). When they brought it back - they had replaced the keyboard, replaced the battery which we didn't even ask about , replaced the bottom of the case which had a small amount of damage. All we sent it in for was the keyboard. I have never had anything but great service from Apple at their stores.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
About 5 years ago my son was back from College with his old style Mac Book - white one - had a bad key on the keyboard. We took it to the apple store (was under warranty for a few more months). When they brought it back - they had replaced the keyboard, replaced the battery which we didn't even ask about , replaced the bottom of the case which had a small amount of damage. All we sent it in for was the keyboard. I have never had anything but great service from Apple at their stores.

And that's why consumers keep coming back.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Another thing is Apple will cover any accessories as long as you have an Apple product with valid warranty. I have had my damaged Apple in-ear bud and iPad mini 2 case replaced with new without any cost. Doubt any other companies have the same policy.

Apple service and support is generally high. They also have policies that is unmatched, which is worldwide coverage, by default. I have my US Macbook serviced in Singapore and Verizon iPhone serviced in Japan all without much hassle (other than doing to the centers themselves).
It is surprising that none of the competitors ever copied this part of Apple. Samsung US told me that they do not support unlocked Samsung phones, period. Sony service in Singapore refused to even look at my US Xperia.

In today's global world, it should be a no brainer for a portable device (phones, laptops, cameras, etc) to have worldwide support/warranty coverage. Sure, product wise, Apple might carry a premium. However, once one considers the cost of such worldwide coverage, the premium is well justified.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Another thing is Apple will cover any accessories as long as you have an Apple product with valid warranty. I have had my damaged Apple in-ear bud and iPad mini 2 case replaced with new without any cost. Doubt any other companies have the same policy.

Apple service and support is generally high. They also have policies that is unmatched, which is worldwide coverage, by default. I have my US Macbook serviced in Singapore and Verizon iPhone serviced in Japan all without much hassle (other than doing to the centers themselves).
It is surprising that none of the competitors ever copied this part of Apple. Samsung US told me that they do not support unlocked Samsung phones, period. Sony service in Singapore refused to even look at my US Xperia.

In today's global world, it should be a no brainer for a portable device (phones, laptops, cameras, etc) to have worldwide support/warranty coverage. Sure, product wise, Apple might carry a premium. However, once one considers the cost of such worldwide coverage, the premium is well justified.

Oh I'm sure if they could they'd try. But honestly they can't, or they'd have done it by now. Because Apple makes both the hardware and software. They can service their products because they know exactly what to look for. They also realize the importance of that support and it's a big factor why they've been so successful. I've seen things now like googles nexus protect but what about the multitude of other android handsets? Does google cover every android product like Apple can? And Microsoft well, honestly nobody uses Microsoft mobile products except the surface line.

Other competitors you buy buy hardware but the software wasn't created by that hardware manufacturer so there's a disconnect. Even worse for mobile where carriers get to dictate bloat and delay updates. So they basically get to pawn u off on one or the other. Or now you have to get a geek squad type warranty. Basically third party support. They make something that should be relatively simple complicated.

I've had a number of accessories replaced complimentary. Lightning cables, EarPods, one time I was in the store browsing with my daughter who at the time had a iPod touch. An employee noticed she was using the old style EarPods, said hold on and gave her the newer style to her. Stuff like that resonates and keeps customers coming back, willing to pay the so called premium.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.