iPhone 6plus rotation issue

thedru13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
So got my ip6 yesterday. So far love it. Having an odd issue. Sometimes the screen get stuck in portrait view or even upside down. It won't flip back or move. I can click on the rotation lock to flip it back to the correct position but doesn't always work. Have to do it a few times or reboot the phone. Seems to happen if I turn the screen off via power button or get a text while rotating the phone. So it's random. Anyone have or having this same sort of issue?

thedru13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't search so my bad. Again thanks for the response. :/)

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
So got my ip6 yesterday. So far love it. Having an odd issue. Sometimes the screen get stuck in portrait view or even upside down. It won't flip back or move. I can click on the rotation lock to flip it back to the correct position but doesn't always work. Have to do it a few times or reboot the phone. Seems to happen if I turn the screen off via power button or get a text while rotating the phone. So it's random. Anyone have or having this same sort of issue?
Had that problem a bunch of times. However, I exchanged my plus for a 6 before I ever figured out how to fix it other then restarting the phone.

JoshS

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I was having the same issue with the same phone. Upgraded to 8.02 last night and haven't had the issue since.

Give it a try.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Also noticed it after the update. But I'll use the restart phone quick fix until another update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.