iPhone 6plus rotation issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedru13, Sep 26, 2014.

1. thedru13 macrumors regular

So got my ip6 yesterday. So far love it. Having an odd issue. Sometimes the screen get stuck in portrait view or even upside down. It won't flip back or move. I can click on the rotation lock to flip it back to the correct position but doesn't always work. Have to do it a few times or reboot the phone. Seems to happen if I turn the screen off via power button or get a text while rotating the phone. So it's random. Anyone have or having this same sort of issue?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Problems with portrait have been covered in many threads. I am sure that Apple will fix with an update. Your device is fine.

3. thedru13 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't search so my bad. Again thanks for the response. :/)

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Had that problem a bunch of times. However, I exchanged my plus for a 6 before I ever figured out how to fix it other then restarting the phone.

5. JoshS macrumors member

I was having the same issue with the same phone. Upgraded to 8.02 last night and haven't had the issue since.

Give it a try.

6. thedru13 thread starter macrumors regular

I am on 8.0.2. That's when I noticed the issue

7. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Also noticed it after the update. But I'll use the restart phone quick fix until another update.