iPhone 6Plus vs iPhone 5s & iPad Mini 3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mzaferyahsi, Dec 3, 2014.

1. mzaferyahsi macrumors newbie

mzaferyahsi

Hi;

I currently own an iPhone 5s and I'm thinking of buying an iPad for reading pdfs, watching course videos (with apps) and sometimes watching films. Since that I'll be using the iPad on my way to work/home, mobility is important. That's why I'm interested in iPad Mini 3. But after a little bit of research, I've found out that there's nothing new at iPad Mini 3(except the TouchID Sensor).

The question that come up to my mind is that, should I buy an iPhone 6Plus instead of having iPhone 5s and iPad Mini 3 or should I buy an iPad Mini 3 next to my iPhone 5s?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I would get a cheap deal on ipad mini 2

The ipad mini 2 is still being sold in a lot of places in england it was down to £209 for the 16gb wifi version on black friday in many places.

3. imaccooper macrumors regular

imaccooper

The major factor here is whether you want your phone to be that big. I personally like the size of my 5s and don't like the size of the 6 or the 6+ so i would suggest the iPad (mini 2 as was previously suggested), but you may be different. If you like the size of a larger phone then it would obviously be handy to only have one device. I would suggest checking out a few stores and try to hold the phone and see if you like it or not. If you do then go for it, if not or if you aren't sure, go for the iPad. Both are good options, it all depends on personal preference with size of phone particularly.

4. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

I had an iPhone 4 which I replaced with the 6+ thinking it would be able to replace my phone and iPad mini. I was wrong, I still use the mini a lot. If I was you I would just buy a mini (2 or 3 would be fine) and wait for the next round. I needed a new phone because my 4 was long in the tooth so the 6+ made sense to me but if I had a 5S there's no way I would replace it.

5. matgzx macrumors newbie

Another option

Or maybe, iPhone 6 and iPad mini retina (iPad mini 2). For me, iPhone 6 is much better than iPhone 5S, and on the iPad side, 2nd gen is the same as 3rd gen except for touch ID.