iPhone 6s 3g issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MayorQuimby, Sep 28, 2015.

1. MayorQuimby macrumors member

Barely functional - horribly slow. Verizon tech support unhelpful. Just wondering if anyone else having similar issues. Phone overall great and LTE very fast.

2. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Verizon's 3G network overall is painfully slow. It's slower than it was on another phone?

3. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

Much. Coming from iPhone 4s AT&T. It's pathetically slow. Like going back 12 years. I will upload pics of speed test. Did without case on and no screen protector either.

4. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Was that 4S on AT&T's network though, or Verizon's?

If it was running on AT&T's, then I hate to break it to you, but Verizon's 3G network is absolute garbage in terms of speed.

5. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

And in NYC Verizon has notably better service generally speaking. Everyone I know with Verizon gets much better coverage around here.

6. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

It was AT&T but this isn't a 3g garbage issue - it barely works.

7. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

When I lived in Manhattan, I agree, AT&T sucked. That was a couple years ago though, for all I know it's gotten better. I have T-Mobile now and coverage all over the area is fantastic. When I had Verizon even the LTE was slow, probably from being overloaded.

8. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

Here is LTE vs 3g on new 128GB 6s from Verizon:

Attached Files:

9. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

10. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for posting - perhaps I'm just getting used to a new network. But the Verizon rep said it should be much better than that. Hmmmm.....

11. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

I used to work for Verizon. First off, obviously he was trying to upsell you. Not necessarily a bad thing, just putting it in context.

In my opinion, Verizon is all about coverage, not so much speed. T-Mobile utterly destroys them in speed where it's available. AT&T is a mix between the two. Sprint is still trying to find its place.

12. MayorQuimby thread starter macrumors member

Well the good news is the phone is exceptional. 3D touch and overall speed are impressive to say the least. But this feels like huge downgrade to me at least. Might switch back to AT&T after all if this is the way it will be going fwd.

13. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

If you do switch back to AT&T you may want to consider trading your phone in for the Band 30 model that AT&T offers. Other than that, it's all compatible.