iPhone 6s/6s + - Absolutely NO Walk-Ins today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beezy253, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

What a bust.

I called on Wednesday to verify that Walk-ins were being accepted this year.

Waited an hour at my Local Apple Store, only to be told there are NO Walk-Ins today, and that if I wanted a phone, I need to try and reserve one tomorrow morning on the website.

Not sure if the Tacoma Mall Apple Store didn't get enough inventory, or if Michelle was mis-informed on Walk-Ins.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

There were no walk-ins at the apple store in my town in WI. But they did take reservations based on the availability.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Walked into the Grand Central Store in NY without a reservation, and walked out with a 6S+.

4. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Ditto, except an AT&T store in Clearwater, FL - no line, no other customers, no nothing but 6S Plus Space Grey 128. :)

5. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Over 50 people at Fair Oaks in Fairfax, VA at 0715 this AM.. As they started the reservation people at 0800, they were letting the walk-ins in in groups, I believe.

6. Beezy253 thread starter macrumors 6502

After what happened at my Local Apple Store on Launch Morning, I sent an eMail to TCook@Apple.com, expressing my frustration with Apple not being more specific regarding Walk-In purchases on Launch Day, and the way the Marketing Manager handled the situation.

Today I received a Phone call from a Senior Manager at my Local Apple Store, apologizing, and essentially trying to get whatever phone I needed to purchase in my hands ASAP.

He did mention that the reason they did not offer Walk-ins this year, is because of the Tacoma Mall Apple Store being a "high resale market" store.

Anywho, He listened, and while I wasted my Friday morning due to a Store specific policy, I was able to get my 128gb 6s on Saturday morning.

Good to see that Tim Cook/his team still takes customer complaints seriously.

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL...... so sad.