Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleincognito

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
Have been hearing of a lot of screen uniformity issues with these phones around the web.

Can anyone confirm if they have a slightly yellow tint, or uneven backlighting?

Also I remember last year there was a widespread issue exclusive to the 6 (not the +) where the left edge of the screen above the volume buttons would move when you pushed it and even made a clicking sound. I hope that's now been resolved. Can anyone confirm?

Regardless, I'll be trying to avoid the first batch this time around.

hobspain

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
my screen as blue tint on the right side as well as a dead pixel. Additionally, there is dust under the front facing camera and back camera as well. Foxcon QC sucks!

Interesting. I also have that blue tint, about 2-3 mm strip on the right side of the screen. I haven't noticed it but it s noticeable in Safari with white background.
I'll wait a few days to see if it is something related to the solvent from last models that produced yellow screens but when away.

A couple more SW issues I have found:

In Safari:
- at some point when sending links to the background, the text snippet that flies up and down to the tabs button, flew straight up towards the top left corner. This may be related to some corruption and the following issue
- force-peeking a link and while at it, send it to the background completely freezes Safari. Ignores any tap, force touch, anything. If I try to go to the home screen, I could force touch Safari to open a new tab but this tab also does not respond. Only fix is to kill Safari and start it again. This has happened to me twice today already

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Got my 6S + today and have to say that I'm very impressed with the QC. I did compare it with my 6 Plus and no yellow tint issue, no backlight issues, everything just works perfect as I expect it to.

Vizxyn

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Mine had a screen problem. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it and the new screen is fine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 130
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.