Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Wish he tested a few other critical features (charging, Siri, etc). I had a problem when my six got a little drop on the top microphone. Siri stopped working (than goodness I had Apple care... it was a simple fix).

He did say he would be testing more so I look forward to seeing the results.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

prezasti

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
More video's have been posted on youtube. The other videos have checked charging, speakers and headphone jacks after the test with good results. It would be nice to know it's true, just like the apple watch turned out to be, for the most part anyway.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
More video's have been posted on youtube. The other videos have checked charging, speakers and headphone jacks after the test with good results. It would be nice to know it's true, just like the apple watch turned out to be, for the most part anyway.

That's cool. I will check the videos.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
This is really cool if it's true and this guy didn't just somehow get really lucky. I don't see why apple wouldn't announce something like this though if they actually did add some sort of waterproofing. Although I guess maybe they are testing it without actually announcing it so they can see how much the number of out of warranty repairs for water damage goes down to be sure it works before announcing it with the iPhone 7.

If Apple does confirm that they are water resistant then that might be what it takes to get me to go from the 6+ to the 6S+.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
so here is another video

hmm... So they were able to kill them, although surviving as long as they did makes it look like maybe Apple is testing some sort of water resistance.

I'm going to be curious if the guy's phone in the first video ends up having issues a few days from now, or if it actually made it through unscathed.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
hmm... So they were able to kill them, although surviving as long as they did makes it look like maybe Apple is testing some sort of water resistance.

I'm going to be curious if the guy's phone in the first video ends up having issues a few days from now, or if it actually made it through unscathed.

You know I saw another video as well. And in that video nothing happened to the screen. In this particular video he said that the digitizer of 6s plus isn't working but it started working itself. So that was strange to me.

They mentioned something about doing drop tests with them earlier. Are these the same phones they dropped? May have cause cracks in seals?

Yeah you are right. That can be the case.

bluecluee

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Baltimore
This reminds me of the Apple watch... My Apple Watch Sport has been submerged often and delivers way more resistance than Apple ever advertised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.