Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 6S/6S Plus Capacity will you select?

• Total voters

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
In the event of an increased capacity which I believe to be unlikely I have left the option, but which capacity will you be going for and is this more or less than what you have now?

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
It will be disappointing if they insist on pretending 16GB in the base model is still acceptable.

+347. For a flagship phone, 16GB is not acceptable. I can't stress that enough. And I don't even want to talk about the 8GB phone. :apple: haven't sold an iOS device with less than 8GB for nearly 8 years now. Nobody is going to buy an entry-level phone if it has so tiny storage.
I'm going to have trouble with my next phone if it has the same storage configurations, because I can't afford the 64GB and I can't live with 16GB. So PLEASE :apple:, make a 32GB option in the place of 16GB. In fact, double all the storage models which you haven't doubled already.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
+347. For a flagship phone, 16GB is not acceptable. I can't stress that enough. And I don't even want to talk about the 8GB phone. :apple: haven't sold an iOS device with less than 8GB for nearly 8 years now. Nobody is going to buy an entry-level phone if it has so tiny storage.
I'm going to have trouble with my next phone if it has the same storage configurations, because I can't afford the 64GB and I can't live with 16GB. So PLEASE :apple:, make a 32GB option in the place of 16GB. In fact, double all the storage models which you haven't doubled already.

In agreement, loving the zero votes to it! I think it is a good idea to have 32GB as base for the customer. But from Apple's point of view it would be a bad decision due to less people paying the extra for 64GB which is the general idea of their strategy. And as a company I do not believe we can blame them for that.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
In agreement, loving the zero votes to it! I think it is a good idea to have 32GB as base for the customer. But from Apple's point of view it would be a bad decision due to less people paying the extra for 64GB which is the general idea of their strategy. And as a company I do not believe we can blame them for that.

Didn't actually see the zero votes. But still, what if people can't pay that extra money, like me? I just don't think the strategy works. I think people who buy 16GB (the minority) will still buy the 16GB. I think the only reason why it was done so people didn't have to pay as much for 64GB, and to introduce the 128GB. But for some reason, they didn't do it with 32GB. I wonder...

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Didn't actually see the zero votes. But still, what if people can't pay that extra money, like me? I just don't think the strategy works. I think people who buy 16GB (the minority) will still buy the 16GB. I think the only reason why it was done so people didn't have to pay as much for 64GB, and to introduce the 128GB. But for some reason, they didn't do it with 32GB. I wonder...

The way of the world, users of 32GB in their previous device
must choose 64GB. But remember, this is for the same price they paid before. Getting tripple the storage causes more 16GB users to upgrade, as for your own situation if you want more storage. Surely you should pay more? But, this is the balance between company and customer. From their point of view, can you blame them?

But, for most people I know with 16GB devices or lower, every update is a struggle. So it would be a wonderful thing for them to do (32GB base), the question of if they will repeat the record revenue through iPhone is questionable. But, I suppose you could hold out some hope.

liam.berlin

macrumors regular
May 20, 2015
Berlin (Germany)
I always have to have the newest and the biggest iPhone, and in white / silver. But I am considering moving down from 6S Plus to 6S and getting an iPad, something I have never had or seen the need for before.

grantmo

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Scotland
I'll be going for the 64GB.

I was in the apple store yesterday and was tempted to buy a 6plus but I'm going to wait for the new one in a few months.

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
For my past iPhones (since first gen) the lowest capacity was always more than enough, never had a problem with 8gigs and 16gigs. That's why I went with the 6+ 16G.

A few months down the road, oh boy, had to delete so many apps and games and purchase icloud spaces.

Recently I was given a 16G 6, situation was better, (also single hand operation too, 6+ was just too big, even after I got used it and thought I'd prefer it, when I use the 6, everything just feels right) but space is still kinda tight.

In terms of 6S, unless the 6+S offers something way fancier than 6, I'd do a 6S 64G/

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
The way of the world, users of 32GB in their previous device
must choose 64GB. But remember, this is for the same price they paid before. Getting tripple the storage causes more 16GB users to upgrade, as for your own situation if you want more storage. Surely you should pay more? But, this is the balance between company and customer. From their point of view, can you blame them?

But, for most people I know with 16GB devices or lower, every update is a struggle. So it would be a wonderful thing for them to do (32GB base), the question of if they will repeat the record revenue through iPhone is questionable. But, I suppose you could hold out some hope.

I have no problems with 32GB since I started using iCloud photo library. But I know I would struggle with 16GB, because it's actually quite a lot less storage. Having 32 whole gigabytes extra would just be overkill. No advantages for me...

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I'm really hoping that 32GB is the minimum in terms of memory for the next iPhone. For my use, 32GB is the sweet spot since it still gives me plenty of space to take and keep pictures on my phone without having to worry about taking up too much storage space.

If there is not 4" screen available for the next gen iPhone's, I'll probably just stick with my 5s for the time being.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I'll be going for the 64GB.

I was in the apple store yesterday and was tempted to buy a 6plus but I'm going to wait for the new one in a few months.

Sounds like the smart move, probablythe best iPhone for the majority of users (64GB latest)

----------

For my past iPhones (since first gen) the lowest capacity was always more than enough, never had a problem with 8gigs and 16gigs. That's why I went with the 6+ 16G.

A few months down the road, oh boy, had to delete so many apps and games and purchase icloud spaces.

Recently I was given a 16G 6, situation was better, (also single hand operation too, 6+ was just too big, even after I got used it and thought I'd prefer it, when I use the 6, everything just feels right) but space is still kinda tight.

In terms of 6S, unless the 6+S offers something way fancier than 6, I'd do a 6S 64G/

Worth doing, 64.

----------

I have no problems with 32GB since I started using iCloud photo library. But I know I would struggle with 16GB, because it's actually quite a lot less storage. Having 32 whole gigabytes extra would just be overkill. No advantages for me...

I use iCloud photos but have nearly 18,000 photos so I go for the higher capacity. 32GB sounds perfect for you though due to the massive amount of spave. But it is really up to you if you want to pay the extra for 64GB as it seems to be the most likely (no 32).

----------

I'm really hoping that 32GB is the minimum in terms of memory for the next iPhone. For my use, 32GB is the sweet spot since it still gives me plenty of space to take and keep pictures on my phone without having to worry about taking up too much storage space.

If there is not 4" screen available for the next gen iPhone's, I'll probably just stick with my 5s for the time being.

That's the idea of their stratergy if you read my post, but remember the 64GB is now the same price as the 32GB so you could see it as you have double for free. But, wanting them to reduce the pruce of 32GB by £80 (or whatever your currency is etc). So basically, wait and see. If no joy on the 32, go 64GB.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I use iCloud photos but have nearly 18,000 photos so I go for the higher capacity. 32GB sounds perfect for you though due to the massive amount of spave. But it is really up to you if you want to pay the extra for 64GB as it seems to be the most likely (no 32).

I'll vote for 64GB then. I'm confident that the 6 and 6 Plus will have a 32GB option after the 6S and 6S Plus come out (16 and 32, or better even 32 and 64, as 16 and 64 would be dumb), as the next gen phones are unlikely to have any killer features.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I'll vote for 64GB then. I'm confident that the 6 and 6 Plus will have a 32GB option after the 6S and 6S Plus come out (16 and 32, or better even 32 and 64, as 16 and 64 would be dumb), as the next gen phones are unlikely to have any killer features.

Hope you are right, but I would not see it as an outrage if they did not due to the points I made above.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Now that Samsung, LG, and many other Android manufacturers having the base model start with 32GB of memory, I really hope Apple follows suit.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
I guess I'm missing something. If the base model is 16G, what is the problem for everyone that is wanting a 32G base? Aren't you free to purchase the next larger storage model available?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I guess I'm missing something. If the base model is 16G, what is the problem for everyone that is wanting a 32G base? Aren't you free to purchase the next larger storage model available?

No problem, people just want to get 32 GB one for the price that the 16 GB has been going for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.