iPhone 6S/7 and AT&T Microcell. Battery Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marcosmach, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Marcosmach macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have AT&T as carrier. I usually don’t get good signals at home (one or two bars).
    AT&T offered me to use the Microcell which would be connected to my Time Capsule to boost the signal for all my household phones (5 iPhones). My question is:
    Does anyone have any experience with this device? I was doing some research on line and some users were complaining about the batterie on their phones draining faster when using this device.
    I thought it would be the opposite, because If I have a good signal all the time while at home, my phone would not need to work as hard to get better reception, thus saving more batterie instead. Am I correct?
    Thanks for your input

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I would think the same.... I've used microcells in the past and it sure beats draining battery because of 0 cellphone reception - but now with Verizon's WiFi calling - I notice no battery drain at my house even with 1 bar of reception so I don't bother with microcells anymore. I had a lot of problems with microcells so I don't like them.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1063258

WiFi calling has been the greatest thing to happen for me. I no longer miss calls.