iPhone 6S / 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Milese3, Sep 27, 2014.

?

How do you think the next generation iPhone will be branded?

1. iPhone 6S

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. iPhone 7

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. iPhone Air

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Milese3 macrumors 6502

Every year after a major iteration of the iPhone comes a S model, the iPhone 2G aside. Do you think this tradition will continue or, do you think Apple will skip straight to the iPhone 7? I think it could go a few ways:

iPhone 6S
    • Apple continues will tradition and releases an iPhone 6S & 6S Plus. They feature a very similar design with major performace, camera and software enhancements. The 6S will feature a highlighted feature(s). September 2015 release date.

iPhone 7
    • Apple breaks the tradition, releasing a entirely new iPhone, encoraging many people to upgrade (attracting the majority of 5S owners at the end of their 2 year cycle). The phone features an entirely new design, perhaps featuring smaller bezels at the top and bottom of the device and new, innovitve ways of unlocking the device. The rest is standard for a next generation iPhone with enhancements accross the devices hardware. Release date somewhere between June (WWDC) 2015 and September (Standard) 2015. The phone is radically different, acttracting many buyers.

iPhone Air
    • An iPhone rebrading, much like the iPad recived in 2013. I could see this plausable as currently the iPhone is the only Apple product still branded with it's generation. The phone itself would be radical and very similar to my iPhone 7 idea.

Other than the devices name, I would love to see the following in the next generation iPhone:
    • A major processor improvement. The iPhone 'n'S generally brings extreme processing enhancements. The 4S featured the first dual-core proccessor in a iPhone, the 5S brought 64-Bit and I could expect to see the next generation iPhone featuring a quad-core processor, another first. Along with the major enhancement, I think Apple will do this within a 14nm dye- making it vastly more power efficent.
    • 2GB of RAM. The next generation iPad is speculated to have 2GB of RAM and I think the iPhone will follow shortly afterwards- with all the enhancements in software, Apple cannot stick with 1GB for much longer.
    • A higher resolution camera. The 8MP iSight camrea in the iPhone 6/Plus is amazing; my only complaint remains the zooming, which can produce some low-resolution images. Apple could easily up it's sensor to 13-16MP, and I think Apple will.
    • A better FaceTime front facing camera. Potentially increasing the resolution to 3.0MP or similar.
    • Similar battery-life. The iPhone 6 improved the battery-life, however, people will always want more from a phones battery, which is why I suspect the next iPhone may get a slight enhancement. Although as Apple loves it's design- I think it won't be too significant.
    • The iPhones will retain 4.7 and 5.5 inch display sizes.

Obviously, the next generation iPhone will probably ship with iOS 9, but that's a completely different topic.

What do you think the next generation iPhone will be like?

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Too early to speculate, let just get through with the problems with iphone 6/6 Plus first.

3. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure that next year will be Success S/Success S Plus.

5. Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

My wish is for a stereo sounding speaker. Maybe the device is just too small to accommodate this?

6. Milese3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. Although it does seem unlikely because of the device's size.