iPhone 6s Activation Issue Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tokenfreak, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Tokenfreak, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

I have an unlimited data plan on my current iPhone 6. Another smart phone line was eligible for an upgrade so I upgrade it to the iPhone 6s. When the iPhone 6s arrived today I remove the sim and replaced it with my sim from my iPhone 6 and turn it on. It is now asking me to confirm the phone number for activation. The phone number it gives me is for the line I order the phone on? What do I do now? Do I activate it with the original sim for the other line and then after it is activated switch the sim? I want to keep my unlimited data. Thanks.

2. SipperyPete macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem. I've done this before with a basic line on my account, but have never run into this issue with 'confirming the phone number'. For your case, if you already have a smartphone with a tiered data plan on the line that you ordered the phone...just activate it on that line and then 'switch devices' on VZW's website.

My issue is a little more complicated as I DO NOT want to activate this new phone on the basic line's number or I will get stuck with a new data plan on that line which i do not want. Still trying to figure out how best to accomplish this...

3. SipperyPete macrumors regular

So i was just informed that the 'activation screen' that we've encountered is just an Apple security feature and you can just move past it once you throw your SIM in there.

4. Tokenfreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

Awesome thanks for letting me know. I got mine working now too.