iPhone 6s+ and Email Sounds

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gw0gvq, Jun 1, 2016.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

I have no sound alerts alluring me when I receive emails from my iPhone . I'm using the  Mail Client and 'only when , I open the e-mail am I alerted. I have alerts on my MBP but not on my iPhone until I open it. It seems to be the same on all of my email from previous model iPhones i've possed since iPhone 4. Any advice please.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you have push or fetch notifications enabled and are you getting them for mail (and just not the sound)?

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Im getting them only for mail,. Push Notification is enabled for iCloud.com and fetch notification for gmail.com

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

So you are getting notifications for mail but not the sound for those notifications, or you are not even getting notifications?

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

No sound only if I open mail and notification only now and then

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you have for Settings > Sounds > New Mail? What about Settings > Notifications > Mail as far as it relates to sounds (and in particular for different accounts there)?

7. chscag macrumors 68000

Thanks for the tip. I had my sounds off for mail and didn't even realize it. :)