iPhone 6S apps are stuck! Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melman101, Sep 25, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hey all,
    Hoping someone can help me out here. I unpaired my Apple Watch from the iPhone 5S. I ran an encrypted backup in iTunes. Everything went well. Repaired watch good to go.

But my iPhone 6S has a bunch of apps that are stuck in a dark mode and are waiting to be downloaded but it's not going.

I tried to transfer my purchases from the 5S to my iTunes library but they aren't going over.

Then I tried to individually download them on but it seems it doesn't see the existing app.

How can I resolve this? Any suggestions? I've turned on airplane mode and off. I signed out of App Store and back in. I signed out rebooted phone signed back in, nothing.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mel

2. GoodOne macrumors regular

I had the same issue with my 6S Plus 128GB.

Tried everything from flight mode to rebooting but the solution was to restore the backup a second time, this time with a good WiFi connection. The first time I restored the backup via Itunes at a coffee shop, maybe the LTE connection wasn't good enough or something like that.

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I rebooted my phone and then clicked the apps.. should say waiting..
    Had to do it like 2x.. but all is good now

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Give it time, millions of people restoring right now.

6. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

I had the same issue, did a soft reset (hold the home & power buttons until the Apple logo lights up) and it seems to be working fine now. The remainder of my apps are now downloading..

7. r-m macrumors 6502a

I've been seeing delays myself with app downloads today.
    Also, have you updated to iOS 9.0.1 yet? I did that first before trying to restore a backup.
    Also also... there was something in the setup wizard before I restored from my iTunes backup about iCloud backups having an issue.
    I didn't pay too much attention to it I'm afraid, but they had a workaround.. maybe someone else can screenshot it or post a photo of it.

8. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok I re-restored my phone, and I also went to a better internet location, and now everything is good :).

Mel

9. inkyoto macrumors regular

inkyoto

What I did to get the process moving along (your mileage may vary) was to click on some of the darkened apps so they say "Waiting..." and then I went to the App Store and searched for the app. The app will show a "stop" button in place of the download button, so I tapped that and then tapped the "download from cloud" button and it seemed to have downloaded that app as well as the other ones. Not sure if they're connected but something to try.