iPhone 6S - Audio cuts out when headphone is rotated - normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by masands, Aug 24, 2016.

1. masands macrumors regular

Hello,

Can fellow iPhone 6S / 6S Plus users please test if you loose audio in one earpiece when the headphone is rotated in its jack? It's getting a bit annoying for me because I use my iPhone while running. It seems to be cutting out a lot these days. The Genius Bar tried it on his iPhone 6S and it seemed even worse. Is it by design or is my jack potentially faulty?

Thanks!

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Take a needle and try and see if you don't have a lot of pocket fluff stuck in the audio port.

At least, I had that issue, and removing all that completely fixed it (And my problematic remote).

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Does the issue persist when using different headphones?

If so, I'd follow the troubleshooting steps above to ensure there's nothing stuck in there.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

It will have issues. And when headphone jack becomes loose, you even need to struggle finding a position to receive audio as expected as it was before.

5. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Any 6S still has warranty, unless it was purchased grey-market. You're not having Apple fix this problem because...?

6. masands thread starter macrumors regular

I did take to an Apple Store. But the Genius had the problem on his iPhone 6S too so he thought it is by design and didn't replace my iPhone.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That particular Genius must have been preoccupied with thinking about quantum physics.

It would probably be a good idea to turn the device off before poking something into the headphone jack.