Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
6S still under 1 year warranty.

Battery was always bunk since I purchased.

What are the chances they'll swap it out? Even white box I'll accept at this point.

What about a diagnostic?

Sick and tired of being a wall hugger and before you ask, BAR off, location services off, push data disabled, timezone off, literally everything off. Brightness NEVER above 50%.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Bunk?

How about posting your battery stats for us to see. Apple will replace the battery if it does not meet up to specs.

'Swapping out" is not as common as it used to be and Apple chooses to repair instead.

They will run a diagnostic to determine what is to be done. You should not have to turn everything off for your battery to last a typical day. If you are living on your phone all day long then you will still need to hug those walls.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Bunk?

How about posting your battery stats for us to see. Apple will replace the battery if it does not meet up to specs.

'Swapping out" is not as common as it used to be and Apple chooses to repair instead.

They will run a diagnostic to determine what is to be done. You should not have to turn everything off for your battery to last a typical day. If you are living on your phone all day long then you will still need to hug those walls.

I agree. Phone sits at my desk a lot of the time. I check it and see it drop from 100-85 like in an couple hours. Doing nothing. Wifi on. Just real annoyed
[doublepost=1471537965][/doublepost]
Bunk?

Tried DFU restore and all that. Not a rookie with iPhones here

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I agree. Phone sits at my desk a lot of the time. I check it and see it drop from 100-85 like in an couple hours. Doing nothing. Wifi on. Just real annoyed
[doublepost=1471537965][/doublepost]
Tried DFU restore and all that. Not a rookie with iPhones here

Maybe your phone is still trying to obtain a cellular connection. That will take a toll on the battery. Anyway Apple will check it out and do what ever if it shows defective. Likely replace the battery.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
6S still under 1 year warranty.

Battery was always bunk since I purchased.

What are the chances they'll swap it out? Even white box I'll accept at this point.

What about a diagnostic?

Sick and tired of being a wall hugger and before you ask, BAR off, location services off, push data disabled, timezone off, literally everything off. Brightness NEVER above 50%.

Take the iPhone 6S to an Apple Retail Store but go schedule an appointment online for a time! It takes Apple techs about 20 minutes to replace your battery!

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.