iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6s battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Jun 12, 2018.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I have been using iPhones since the 3GS and never had a problem like this that I couldn't fix so I think it might be hardware but just wanted to get some other input.

Have a 6s that had the battery replaced in December 2017 and the battery health is at 97%. I have downloaded no new apps or changed my usage in the past couple weeks. I didn't (knowingly) change any settings and can't find anything on that is draining my battery.

For the past 6 nights now I go to bed at around 90% battery and wake up 8 hours later and I'm around 20-30%. I check the battery stats and it just shows my actual usage and nothing running overnight or in the background all night. I have tried a restart, tried beta software, back to public software, and even did a restore last night and set it up as new but same thing this morning.

Could my battery somehow be defective even though it is showing at 97%? Any other suggestions?

2. carrodan macrumors newbie

if you use iCloud photo library or photo stream, check your deleted photos album in photos and if there's anything there delete it. This solved a mysterious 6s battery problem I recently had.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

That's very random but I'll try. I wonder why this would cause battery drain?