iPhone 6s battery issue. Replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mezzoo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mezzoo macrumors newbie

mezzoo

Hi.
    Location service, Bluetooth, app refresh, iCloud is off. My battery drains 70% every night. Sometimes I look if i have sms and its 20%, then i look in 30sec again and its already 15%. Can't show you stats because in Battery settings there are "-" and it never shows different. I reset the phone, didn't help. Tried every method i could find in google, didn't help. Should i try to replace battery as last option? Any advice?
    Ps. i don't have proof of buying papers, so going to apple store is probably useless.

2. xsimplyjosh macrumors member

1) Do you have the receipt emailed to you?
    Because whenever I Buy ANYTHING from apple store i always request a soft and hard copy [soft being the actual receipt]. and if i happen to lose the soft copy... i can use their iMac/macbooks to show the hardcopy if i ever do a refund... or so. [if its 2 weeks timeframe since purchase]

2) Also another tip, I leave my phone on flight mode when Im' asleep. Not suer if this is off-topic or irrelevant to the issue but I found I can hold the battery at it's most... [no 4g/wifi on when im in the bed]...

3) resetting the phone, yes will not show you battery usage and standby after it has been performed.

4) If i notice stuff weird happening to the phone [ie apps being weird] I just reset and restore via iCloud. Seems to help me most of the time

3. mezzoo thread starter macrumors newbie

mezzoo

1) unfortunately i don't and its purchased many months ago
    2) its not an option for me as in the morning i receive important calls/sms while iam still a sleep. And i could'n do that in day when my battery also dies in few hours on standby
    3) ok i will check those stats later again to see whats going on
    4) when i reset i set up as new phone and didn't install any apps, don't have facebook and other known battery issue apps.

4. mezzoo, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

mezzoo thread starter macrumors newbie

mezzoo

Battery stats showed up.
    Battery left: 68%
    Usage 57min
    Standby 4hrs

I don't think that's good.
    I want to JB that's why i stay on 9.2.1 if i would know for sure 9.3 fix my problem, then i would upgrade, but at the moment i decided not to.

PS: I just wanted to plug my phone in wall charger and saw small sparkle and now USB plug adapter is not working any more. My cable is bran new and is working very well. Maybe that has something to do with my problem. Maybe it was charging wrong lately or did something bad to battery?

I saw in Aliexpress battery for 20$, but it will take 8 week to arrive. [​IMG]

pss: English is not my native language so please understand grammar.