Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Recently took my iPhone 6S as my primary shooter on a vacation. Temperatures ranged from 34 deg F to 41 deg F. Without fail, when my iPhone got to near 40% battery, the phone would shut down and show the charge indicator (the plug graphic on the screen). After the phone warmed up (or I plugged it into a small, portable power bank), the phone revived and was back up to bear 40% where it left off. Very frustrating. In normal daily office use, I am able to use my phone all the way down to 0% charge.

vcof2005

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2012
Hmmm, interesting dilemma you have. I know extreme hot temps kill my phone super fast (iPhone 5). Not too sure about the cold though.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2016
Recently took my iPhone 6S as my primary shooter on a vacation. Temperatures ranged from 34 deg F to 41 deg F. Without fail, when my iPhone got to near 40% battery, the phone would shut down and show the charge indicator (the plug graphic on the screen). After the phone warmed up (or I plugged it into a small, portable power bank), the phone revived and was back up to bear 40% where it left off. Very frustrating. In normal daily office use, I am able to use my phone all the way down to 0% charge.
The same happened to me, I put my iPhone 6s at 30% on the ground to play football at about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and I came back to it dead until it warmed up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.