Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 6S battery questions

GodlessCombo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Hi, I bought an iPhone about 2 months back and I’ve been having some problems with the battery it seems. When I first bought it from the guy it was having serious issues with the battery, it could barely hold a charge so I took it and got the battery replaced and it’s been fine since then but recently it’s started getting kind of.. odd? Lol. Earlier I was charging it and it was at about 73% when it suddenly said my battery was at 10% and I need to charge it (it was still connected to the charger cord at this point) so I unplugged it and it stayed at 73 but then i watched a few short videos on YouTube and then the battery was at 50 percent. I’m wondering wtf is up with this

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Could be a bad/old battery. Where did you get the battery replaced? What's showing up when you check the battery health in settings?

Comment

GodlessCombo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
F50AA020-9642-4917-83DA-FE62DA58183E.jpeg

Comment

GodlessCombo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
It’s driving me nuts, I’ve had to charge it twice today already, I got the battery changed at a local place that had good feedback, I don’t know wtfff is going on with it. Can a phone be so faulty/have issues so bad that it can affect the battery this badly

Comment

chrfr

macrumors G4
Jul 11, 2009
It’s driving me nuts, I’ve had to charge it twice today already, I got the battery changed at a local place that had good feedback, I don’t know wtfff is going on with it. Can a phone be so faulty/have issues so bad that it can affect the battery this badly
The battery health check is supposedly quite unreliable with 3rd party batteries, and some 3rd party batteries are really just junk.

Reactions: Limeybastid
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.