iPhone 6s battery statistics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samtb, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

2. JIannacone macrumors member

3. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

Its good unless your using an Apple Watch lol. On my 6+ it went from ending the day with about 35% left to 3% after I got the Apple Watch. today is my first real day using the 6s+ and it seems about on par with the 6+

4. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I've got 62%, on 2 hours 43 minutes usage and 13 hours 13 minutes standby on a 6s. Is that any good?

5. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I wondered why mine was draining fast and completely forgot watch drains it lol - would be cool if it showed watch usage so we can see how much battery it drains from phone.

6. samfromshire macrumors newbie

Just upgraded from a 5 to a 6s+ mainly due to the battery. So far I am not extremely impressed.

Attached Files:

7. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Battery sucks IMO..stand by 8 hr 53. Usage 5hr 3 min and I need to charge. Most of that usage is safari (63%). My 5s lasted longer.. Yes, I have most things turned off, tweaked

8. Joe1602 macrumors regular

My battery actually improved with the watch, simply because I use my phone less. I can quickly see which notifications are not important and dismiss them directly from the watch.

9. Treq macrumors 6502a

Treq

I am. This is so much better than my iPhone 5 it's not even funny.

Attached Files:

10. samfromshire macrumors newbie

Huh, I wonder why yours seems to be doing so much better than mine.

11. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

People if you just got your iPhone, give it 3 days. The IOS adjusts itself over the first few days for battery usages. Also, the first 3 days are always the hardest on the phone as you are downloading, changing settings, and testing things out.

12. Treq macrumors 6502a

Treq

No Idea. I even have a Pebble smart watch app running as well as other bluetooth using apps which typically drain it. I do keep the brightness at aprox 50% unless I'm in bright sun. That might help a bit.

13. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I don't find any problem with having the watch, battery life didn't suffer. I DO try and kill the watch app once I've made changes, that did seem to be a tiny issue before with the iphone 6.

what I do find odd now with the 6s is that I get background app refresh for apps that have it UNSELECTED And for some apps that don't even show up in the background app refresh list?

what is that all about.. it seems they are doing 10-20 min of background app refresh, even though they are not open and either have BAR greyed out or don't show up in the options to de-select.

14. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Remember with 2GB of ram now more of your Safari tabs will stay refreshed in memory.. That will drain some battery..

Also remember to calibrate battery meter by letting your phone run all the way to 0%.. and shut off - then fully charge without using.. and let it charge 2 hours (trickle charge) beyond reaching 100%. Then your battery meter will give you accurate stats. This should be done once a month.