iPhone 6s Black Market Whats Apple doing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRealAlex, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

As you can see from many Youtube Videos Theres a Significant amount mainly Chinese and in Miami Arab Resellers over taking the lines.

Often times, they hire homeless, or enlist elderly people to stand in line paying All Cash $700 for new Unlocked phones. Especially on Launch day.

To the point now where Unless you have Pre-ordered and are having it Shipped to your door, its just not a good idea to go to any retailer on 9-25-15

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Aren't they launching in China this year? Problem solved.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Wrong. Wrong. Was able to buy a new phone mid day on launch day with no problem at ATT store. That was after going to 2 other places that had phones, but only 16gb - wanted 64gb. I saw very few people that "might" fit the profile you mentioned.

4. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

What city was this store in?

5. The19th macrumors regular

Yup. China is a launch country this round, as listed in Apple's Press Release:

Both models will be available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK and the US beginning Friday, September 25, with pre-orders beginning Saturday, September 12.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Nashville, TN Walmart and Sams had phones at 10am - but no 64gb. Long line at Apple, but folks were getting their little reservation cards just fine. Went to ATT store, stood in line for 45 minutes and got what I wanted along with many others.

7. The19th macrumors regular

Although now that I see how fast they sold out in other regions, there still may be those intending to buy US models (where it looks like there are better stock levels) for use in non-US markets.

8. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

It's a bummer, but it's not really Apple's job to police who's buying the phone and for what purpose.

9. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Dude... your video is last years. This is 2015, and Apple is launching directly in China.

I was actually trying to queue for an iPhone 6 Plus myself just for the experience last year @ Westfield Valley Fair (Santa Clara/San Jose CA). I saw the exact same thing... seemingly 90% of the crowd were flippers, not genuine iPhone buyers. That's what greed will get you. Even in Singapore (see this thread) you'll see people discussing greedily or fearfully how much they can make off via flipping.

However as both an S release and also with official China launches, the queue should be significantly less... annoying this year around. Flippers ultimately distort the market and detract from the value of the iPhone (making it harder / pricier to get for the same product). I understand the flipper's motivation, but I really hope they do not prosper.

10. The19th macrumors regular

Exactly! I mean look at these people (even in the US) that buy a phone just to film it while dropping, blending, bending, crushing, shooting a bullet through, running a car over, scratching, etc etc, while there are some people still waiting for the later shipments.