Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

Something is wrong with my iphone 6s+ camera. The image is jittery and af keeps microadjusting even if the phone is braced on a table. It seems as if there is a problem with the image stabilization mechanism that is vibrating the lens.

Anyone had this issue? Will Apple replace the phone under Applecare+ or will I have to leave it for repair of up to 5 days?

I have an appointment around 11pm and would like to know what to expect as I need the phone.

Thanks.

DAYLIN69

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2017
Philippines
Yeah I agree its better to be sure.
[doublepost=1490878514][/doublepost]btw what is the indicator if it is a software or a hardware problem. because its hard to tell.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah I agree its better to be sure.
[doublepost=1490878514][/doublepost]btw what is the indicator if it is a software or a hardware problem. because its hard to tell.

There are no hard rules but a jittery camera, even when the phone is braced against something, is a sign of the stabilization module in the camera going bad.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi,

Something is wrong with my iphone 6s+ camera. The image is jittery and af keeps microadjusting even if the phone is braced on a table. It seems as if there is a problem with the image stabilization mechanism that is vibrating the lens.

Anyone had this issue? Will Apple replace the phone under Applecare+ or will I have to leave it for repair of up to 5 days?

I have an appointment around 11pm and would like to know what to expect as I need the phone.

Thanks.

Let us know how your Apple Store visit turned out.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I went in and they replaced the rear camera. The genius said they have encountered this problem usually with iphone 6(not sure if they said 6s or just 6). Cost without applecare would have been $59. Took about 1.5 hours IIRC to repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.