iPhone 6S color/size change

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gui0312, Jan 2, 2016.

1. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Hi, is it possible to sell my current 6S which is on AT&T next and use that money for a new 6S/6S Plus no contract price an just continue my regular payments with next? I would need to have AT&T activate it obviously. Will the person I sell (eBay) the phone too be able to just input his SIM?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

If they have att yes. But they are also risking it because if you stop paying the bills att will blacklist you. Most people wouldn't want this setup and it's easy to see on an IMEI check that you are still making payments.

3. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

So the only way around it would be too pay AT&T what I owe on the phone (current) and then sell the phone, that would satisfy the IMEI issue correct? Then I could just buy the phone outright.

4. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Yes. You absolutely need to pay it off first. Also, I'd check out Swappa before you were to consider eBay...

Also, be sure to disable "find my iPhone" and "iCloud". If you don't, you will essentially screw the new user forever unless you want to give him/her your icloud info.