iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6s dead pixel?

CheeseBread365

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
So I went to get an iPhone 6s since I wanted an iPhone with a headphone jack and I'm still confident the 6s has at least 2 years of support left. And after I opened mine up I noticed it has what looks like a dead pixel on the display. Does this look like one? It might not be since I can angle the screen and it looks only slightly higher than the actual lcd

Attachments

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
So I went to get an iPhone 6s since I wanted an iPhone with a headphone jack and I'm still confident the 6s has at least 2 years of support left. And after I opened mine up I noticed it has what looks like a dead pixel on the display. Does this look like one? It might not be since I can angle the screen and it looks only slightly higher than the actual lcd
That looks like dirt/dust trapped underneath the panel. Dead pixels usually are more noticeable and can be somewhat white-ish in color.

FeliApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
Yeah that's dust. I have two specs of dust under my tempered glass and they are like that. I don't really care, though. It is an Apple Store tempered glass and they are great, not worth changing it for that. Dust getting under the screen is odd, though.