iPhone 6s died - picking up my 7 mb 128gb today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irock101, Oct 2, 2016.

1. irock101 macrumors 6502

irock101

All of sudden my iPhone 6s died. I think it had some issue on the charging port. If I would put it in the Apple dock it would make the charging sound over and over again so I always had to lay it down. I guess overtime I probably fried it. Went to the Apple Store and since it's still under warranty they'll have to sent it to the HQ or what ever to get me a new device.

In the meantime I ordered an iPhone 7 matt black 128gb (unlocked).

Any tips/tricks I should check out? I am used to iOS 10 but don't know if there is any real WOW-factor for me today when I pick up the phone. Sort of excited but don't know what to expect.

How was your transition? Also do the 6s covers fit on the 7?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The iPhone 7's best features are the camera, stereo speakers and haptic home button. At least in my opinion.

3. irock101 thread starter macrumors 6502

irock101

Thats sort of what I expected. Unfortunately I don't use the speakers other than for the ringtone, so I guess that will sound a lot better.
    Since it's a 7 and not 7+ I am missing out on some camera features but I am not big into pictures anyway. I just need a functional and reliable phone. This was my first iPhone that died on me. All others lasted forever and a day.

Does the original 6s leather case fit on the iPhone 7 ?