Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rawkfist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Texas
Does Apple ever discount older phone models? I'm considering upgrading to a 6s and was wondering if there was a possibility of discounts as the 7's become more readily available.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
The price dropped $100 when the ip7 was announced.

On top of that, the base is now 32gb.

Won't ever be a better time to buy.

Rawkfist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Texas
Thanks. I haven't been keeping track of prices of late. Now all I have to do is decide whether to go ahead and spend the extra bucks and get the 7.

harryisere

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
Thanks. I haven't been keeping track of prices of late. Now all I have to do is decide whether to go ahead and spend the extra bucks and get the 7.

i was in the exact same situation as you the other evening. I was contemplating getting a 6S or a 7. I already had a 6 but wanted to upgrade. In the end i went for the 7. Although they have discounted the 6S and 6S Plus, i thought the extra money was worth it. my logic was if you shelling out that amount of cash anyway, you may as well spend the extra. I got a 7 plus 128GB in the end :)

unglued

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2016
Yep what's another hundred bucks get the 7 you'll be happier no regrets once you start opening that box all smiles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.