iPhone 6s display issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by propredator3, Oct 6, 2015.

1. propredator3 macrumors newbie

propredator3

Why the display is not straight on the top left corner??? Is it normal?

Attached Files:

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

3. propredator3 thread starter macrumors newbie

propredator3

It's in the corner, can't you see?

4. Apples n' Stone, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

It looks fine to me, perhaps it is the angle you are looking from? Remember your device has a black bezel so you may be confused with where the screen and bezel meet? (trying to guess, cannot see a thing)

Attached Files:

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No, I see nothing unusual.

6. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Perhaps taking a photograph from straight on would help us see better. Are you talking about the little notch in the upper left corner?

7. _bgb macrumors member

Maybe as its the bottom left corner, or maybe you should stop staring at your phone at such weird angles??;):p

8. propredator3 thread starter macrumors newbie

propredator3

Yes, I am talking about little notch in the upper left corner. What is it?

9. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

I noticed this same thing but I'm still trying to find if it's an issue. An iPhone 6 screen stays dead white on the edges when you look from an angle but my 6s and many others get darker, shaded edges if you look at them the same way.

I'm wondering if it's just a flaw with the backlight being too far from the panel or just a compromise for 3D Touch to work.

And to other people who don't get it and think the OP is crazy, you're not always right. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

10. propredator3 thread starter macrumors newbie

propredator3

Thank a lot for your help. Tell me please if you know more about this. I just want to know if it normal for 6s or do I need to change for another one.

11. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

I did a quick comparison between an iPhone 6 to show the difference between the two. It exposes some of the flaws or compromises in the 6s backlight that make it have these weird angle effects on its edges. Mine even has LEDs bleeding through on the top if the angle is low enough. It looks perfectly normal at any natural angle though.

I checked my friend's 6s and it was the same way as mine. I checked 3 regular iPhone 6 models an none of them did anything similar.

Don't bother exchanging it yet because it's likely that every 6s does this. It may be months before they change it if they do at all.

Attached Files: