iPhone 6s Display Saturation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seme332, Oct 17, 2015.

1. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

Hey guys... Can you take part in this quick experiment for me so I can see if this normal display behavior or not?

So when watching this quick video in full length on my 6s with middle brightness, this weird thing happens:

https://twitter.com/MiST3R_C0R3/status/655514259502272512

I watch it, as I said on middle brightness, and close it (Tweetbot 4) by swiping down. Now, for about a second this display is oversaturated. It adapts automatically afterwars?!. If you don't have Tweetbot to fastly close the video you can also just switch to multitasking or go to the home screen to see it. Is this normal?

Thanks!

2. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

Anybody? Please...

I really need to know if I need to take this to the Apple Store...

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Well thats very weird. Im watching this exact movie right now and the scene in that video just passed 10 minutes ago.

Btw I noticed it too.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Nothing out of the ordinary happened after I closed the video. Display was at the level prior to watching the video. I don't think you have a hardware issue, so if you are happy with your phone, I wouldn't return it.

5. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

So do you think this is a hardware defect? Or software?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Could have just been a fluke. Before I ran to Apple to exchange, I would give it a day or so and see if it happened again. If you could make it do this on demand, it would help if you took it to Apple.

7. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

It's normal- the iPhone changes the screen settings while watching videos to enhance the picture. Especially noticeable when tying to watch football highlights

8. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I noticed this yesterday, also while watching a video clip from a tweet in tweetbot 4! Everything went back to normal afterwards so I figured it was some automatic video optimization kind of thing?

9. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

I have been monitoring this for about a week now, so no, its not a fluke.

Since when does it do that? I had an iPhone 5s before and never noticed this. Is it normal that it takes 1-2 secs?

10. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Noticed it since I had the 6 Plus and now with the 6s Plus. It's normal and makes the video look better. Samsung devices also do it. Optimise the screen for what it's displaying

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Then maybe I am special as it never happened to me or any of my employees who are all using 6S and 6S+ units:p